Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 28th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Default Passion Island Adventure...?

Does anyone know what Carnival charges for this excursion? Also, has anyone been to Chankanaab? This is our first cruise and we dont really want to drop a boat load of money on extras. We would like to at least snorkle and see crystal blue water. (can you tell we dont get out much? lol)
Sponsored Links
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Passion Island Adventure...?

Amanda,
Chankanaab park is very nice. The wife and I did the Dolphin discovery there. Never done the Passion Island Adventure. No problem about the boat load of money deal. You'll get a list of excursion's on the ship with prices and length of time each takes. Just pick from the list. If by chance you don't want to leave the ship, no problem !
Hope you have a great cruise ! No worries mate.
Happy sailing;
david
Old August 28th, 2004, 06:16 PM
Admiral

I agree - Chakanaab is beautiful. we also did the dolphin thing - wow, what an experience. You should be able to get a cab there fairly cheap and you also pay to enter the park if you don't book an excursion. I saw several people in the water so you should be able to snorkle. The water was so beautiful I have never seen a blue like it. Just do an internet search of the park by name and I'm sure you will find all the answers.
Old August 28th, 2004, 07:39 PM
suzi q

We went to Passion Island. Don't do it. You will have a better time at Chankanaab. It cost us a whole lot more than going to the park. If we ever get back, we won't do PI again.It was ok, but nothing to write home about.
Old August 28th, 2004, 11:25 PM
on_the_water

Passion Island is nothing more than a beach. There is no snorkeling, and really not much to do there. They have a few volleyball nets set up, and they serve you lunch. Stick with the park.
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Passenger

Thanks for your help. We will probably stick with our original plan and go to Chankanaab for a bit. thanks again
Old August 29th, 2004, 03:04 PM
Yeoman

Amanda,
I think read somewhere that the admission to the park is $10.00. And its not far from the port either.There is also cabs waiting to take you back to the ship anytime you want .
Yes you can snorkle there and swim. Beautiful water ! be sure and take a underwater camera with you when you go.

Happy cruising;
david
Old August 30th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Its $12/pp for adults and $6 for children for admission to the park. A taxi is about $10 each way. You can rent snorkel equipment there (not sure how much as ours was included in the excursion) and snorkel right off the beach. We all had a great time there.

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old July 25th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Default Passion Island Cozumel Mexico 7-15-11

Definite paradise. Water was beautiful, food was OK, vendors were overly agressive, but all in all it was worth the trip. The bounce houses were a blast in the water. I need some help finding some people on the bounce houses. One guy took a face plant trying to cross from one unit to another, and it was soooo hilarious. I laughed so hard I cried watching it from the beach. It was on 7-15-11 and it was a large family from Florida on the cruise for their Mom's 60th B-day. It was like 2-3 brothers (spouses?), one sister, and a couple of small children. Any help out there????
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:22 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

Passion Island was absolutely beautiful ---- but it is a day of relaxation! No snorkeling - just beautiful water, sand, peace and of course food and drink. Would I do it again? Sure..... since we have been to the park about 4-5 times already. I would vote the park for you tho. There is a little of everything there - ruins, dolphins, seals, beach, snorkeling, food, etc etc. You can spend as much or as little as you like! Enjoy! It won't be your last time I'm sure!!!!! BTW - snorkel out to the edge of where it is marked. They have some awesome statues under water. So crystal clear - the first time i saw it it scared the **%**$ out of me! I just wasn't expecting it. LOVE IT THO!!!!!
Old July 25th, 2011, 08:48 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRunge View Post
Definite paradise. Water was beautiful, food was OK, vendors were overly agressive, but all in all it was worth the trip. The bounce houses were a blast in the water. I need some help finding some people on the bounce houses. One guy took a face plant trying to cross from one unit to another, and it was soooo hilarious. I laughed so hard I cried watching it from the beach. It was on 7-15-11 and it was a large family from Florida on the cruise for their Mom's 60th B-day. It was like 2-3 brothers (spouses?), one sister, and a couple of small children. Any help out there????
Hi, Johnny, I'm just curious... why would you bring up a 2004 (!) thread instead of posting a new one? I've always wondered about people who bring up very old threads, it's really not personal , just curiosity!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old July 25th, 2011, 11:11 PM
Welcome Newcomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern View Post
Hi, Johnny, I'm just curious... why would you bring up a 2004 (!) thread instead of posting a new one? I've always wondered about people who bring up very old threads, it's really not personal , just curiosity!
Hi Fern, I'm new to posting on online forums, so I just googled Cozumel Passion Island and found this. Not sure how to start a new forum. Thanks, Johnny
Old July 26th, 2011, 08:41 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyRunge View Post
Hi Fern, I'm new to posting on online forums, so I just googled Cozumel Passion Island and found this. Not sure how to start a new forum. Thanks, Johnny
Thanks, Johnny! It's interesting to see how people use the site. I hope you'll continue posting, we're all happy to help with any questions!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014