Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:25 AM
bjkeen

Default Cruisemates from Tampa Bay area?

I was just wondering if anybody from cruisemates is from the Tampa Bay area besides me. I love to go to the cruise dock. It is a wonderful experience standing there waving good bye to people who are sailing away on the Inspiration, they are so happy and excited some of the passengers jump up and down. It's a better experience sailing away with them. I've got two months to wait and I'm ready for the Miracle to sail into port. Anybody from cruisemates on the first sailing of the Miracle besides me?
Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Denny

Default Re: Cruisemates from Tampa Bay area?

I am from Tampa. Unfortuately, I will not be on the Miracle. We have sailed from Port Tampa many times. We used to drive by the port sometimes and watch the Sensation or Celebration leave. However, we have not yet gone to the new channelside area. We are leaving the end of Sept. for a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. Can't wait. Looking at possibly the Miracle in Feb. 05.
Old August 29th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi BJ, 15 min from Channelside. I have a friend who works at Stumps Supper Club that I sometimes drive to work, so I get to see the Ships. I am looking forward to my own Cruise. Getting closer everyday.

Old August 29th, 2004, 12:22 PM
bjkeen

gottacruise,
Are you on the Miracle, first sailing? My cruise group sometimes eats at Stump's Supper Club when we get together. We have a get together planned for next Sunday (providing we don't get visited by a Hurricane named Frances) at 3:00 p.m. First Sunday in September. If you are there next Sunday tell the girls up front you are looking for the cruise group. We have been there so much they remember us.
Old August 29th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Mmketeer

Hi,

I'll be sailing on the two day cruise to nowhere on Nov.5th and I live near you! This will be my first sailing out of my home port as I usually cruise out of Port Canaveral. I am really looking forward to seeing the Miracle and wish I had more time on her, but getting away for a 7 day cruise is next to impossiable for me, though I did do it for the inaugral Western Carib. cruise on RCCL's Mariner of the Seas last year.
I have watched the ships sail out of port many times from Channel Side and from our boat. Back in the old days before 911 you could get really close to the ships, but not anymore. Heck, we use to get right next to the shipyard there in our boat and marvel and the huge ships being worked on. Oh well, We have since moved our boat o the Gandy Bridge instead of Davis Island and our now finding new things to explore.
I think it'll be a blast to instead of being on shore or on our boat to actually be on board waving. It'll be fun to see my home port that I spend my lesiurly time in from another prospective (much higher up and much further out to see from the Skyway than I have ever been!)! And, I have even started in on the ship itself yet! You can bet I'll be standing in line at the port at 11:00am waiting to get onboard!
P.S
We have stateroom #6333...anybody else been on the very back of the ship before? I am usually on the sides when I sail, so this too will be a new experience for me!

I am very excited...can you tell! !
Ready and waiting for my fun ship to come in!
Mmketeer
Old August 30th, 2004, 01:30 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave

I am from ST Pete. Sailing from Tampa for the 1st time on the Sensation October 7th. I have been meaning to get down to the port when some ships are in before I go so I can see how things are set up over there. Have been out of Canaveral many time and Miami.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Old August 30th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Hey there Tarpon Springs up by the sponge docks here. I haven't been to the cruise port except to go to the aquarium. I hate the traffic in Tampa. Its getting bad here to. Ro

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old August 31st, 2004, 02:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

I will be sailing out of Tampa but not until the end of January. How is the weather that time of year? Any suggestions on hotels?
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:34 PM
Passenger

BJKeen,

Can you help me? I am booked on the Miracle, out of Tampa, and need to know if there is a place that I can store my luggage for a few hours after my cruise so I can do a little shopping & have lunch at chanelside.

Any ideas?
Old August 31st, 2004, 04:35 PM
kwjones

Hello: We live in beautiful downtown LAKELAND. I'm a computer engineer and occasionally have to board the ships while in port in Tampa to repair the computers. Usually, they allow me to stay aboard, have lunch, and watch all the action untill they are ready to sail. Lots of fun. We're booked on the SPLENDOUR of the SEAS, in December, out of Tampa, and a couple of others (Caribbean Princess in 11 days, and the Oosterdam in October), sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, but haven't been on a cruise since last December. Can't wait!!!!
Annie, I'm not sure where you could store the luggage. I guess just ask the folks at the port, and they can probably suggest something.
mj, the weather in Tampa at the end of January should be absolutely perfect. I don't know of any hotels that I'd suggest. Any of the hotels downtown will be O.K., or if you're flying in, the WestShore area has lots of good hotels, and they are only about 15 or 20 minutes from the port. (Two great shopping malls in that area also.)
See you aboard,
Ken
Old August 31st, 2004, 08:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Cruisemates from Tampa Bay area?

Hi BJ, I will be on the Miracle Nov 7th and I will Pass along the word to Stump's.