Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2004, 09:53 AM
hfrey

Default Carnival's pregnant rule

My SIL will be going on a cruise with us in December. She is pregnant. Carnival's rules state that you can't be in your third trimester (27th week) by the end of the cruise. SIL will be OK, but only by about a week. How does Carnival verify how far along she is, or will they even check?
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival's pregnant rule

I remember reading somewhere (may have been Carnival's website, but I don't remember for sure) that pregnant women must have a note from their doctor stating their expected due date and that they are fit for travel. They may never actually ask to see this note, but it probably would be a good thing to have.
Old August 30th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Admiral

I doubt if they really check that closely but a note from the Dr is an excellant idea. She should also be in very good health with no history of complications or none expected. They simply are not equipped to handle obstretic emergencies.
Jim

Old August 30th, 2004, 03:25 PM
crusincajun

My wife and I cruised when she was 29 weeks pregnant. We had a note from her doctor stating that she was in good health and had and incident free pregnancy. The note was a non issue because no one even looked twice at her during embarkation or any other time on the cruise. I would not worry about CCL inquiring about her pregnancy. As long as your SIL's doctor says it okay to go she should go and enjoy herself.
Old August 30th, 2004, 06:52 PM
scottdearing

Not to be the voice of doom or anything but, wife and I cruised when she was 24 weeks pregant, 2 weeks later, she went into labor and delivered. Thank God we were home where we have a world class NICU. Hate to think of what could have happened. Just food for thought.