Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2004, 01:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Carnival's alcohol policy

I have sailed RCI many times and you can buy liqour onboard and take it to your cabin if you pay full price. RCI also says they can limit ot refuse what you bring onboard. Carnival's policy seems to indicate this is not the case. Any first hand experience? How about my usual case of beer in my luggage. See pic from Enchantment attached here. This will be my first Carnival cruise.

d) Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on Carnival's vessels for on board consumption. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's gift shops or ashore cannot be consumed aboard the vessel and will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Guests who are celebrating a special occasion are permitted to bring fine wine or champagne (no other alcohol is permitted) at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. A $10 corkage fee will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival's vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest's charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false iden tification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

Read and post cruise reviews

Song of America Dec '90
Starship Majestic May '89
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Mariner May '07 April '08
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Radiance of the Seas Oct '10
Sponsored Links
Old August 30th, 2004, 02:48 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey
Default Re: Carnival's alcohol policy

If you are asking if you can bring alcohol on board - yes, you can. It is not really "allowed", but is apparently very common place. Put it in your checked luggage (after you get off the plane, of course!) and you should have no problems.

Old August 30th, 2004, 02:54 PM
Admiral

Send a message via MSN to Dave the Wave Send a message via Yahoo to Dave the Wave
Default Re: Re: Carnival's alcohol policy

Thanks for the information. Fortunately, I don't need to take a plane to Tampa from St. Pete.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:19 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival's alcohol policy

Dave - I just returned from a 5 day cruise on the Holiday. All four of us had a bottle of liquor in our "checked" bag and had no problem. I even bought a bottle in both ports and had no problem bringing it back on the ship.

Shouldn't be a problem at all - Enjoy!

Funny thing is - I never even opened my vodka :-)
Old August 31st, 2004, 11:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival's alcohol policy

Thanks for the info! I just like to have a well stocked bar in my cabin in case I can get any babes to come and see my sea shell collection.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08
Old August 31st, 2004, 01:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Californiacutie Send a message via Yahoo to Californiacutie
Default Re: Carnival's alcohol policy

Well I know my sister sneaked some vodka on board the Carnival Pride when we went in Water Bottles. I dont know if she was allowed to bring it on though...and yes if you buy alcohal in the stores they keep it until the day before you leave.

Old August 31st, 2004, 02:58 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Carnival's alcohol policy

Thanks California Cutie. I don't much care for that policy. I don't mind paying retail for liqour but would like to have a bottle in my cabin for the time I am in there.

Song of America Dec '90
Sovereign X 5
Majesty Jul '01
Enchantment X 4
Regal Empress Dec '02
Sensation '04
Grandeur Feb '08
Inspiration Oct '08