Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:31 PM
Layna

Default Hurricane

Has anyone heard anything new about those of us departing out on Saturday?

Carnival tells me the boat will sail as long as they do not evacuate Miami.
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Hurricane

I do not think you will have a problem sailing out of Miami. I live in the Cape Canaveral area and hae been concerned about evacuating. Just checked the tracking map on the NOAA website, and as off 1100, they showed Frances making landfall near Jacksonville.

Have a great cruise!

Carnival Fascination - April 2004, October 2005, Dec 2006
Sovereign of the Seas - Sept. 2003, April 2005, Oct. 2005, Sept. 2006
Carnival Sensation - September 2007

Old August 31st, 2004, 04:56 PM
Admiral

There is going to be a meeting tomorrow at CCL HQ when they will determine who and what goes where based on the latest forecasts. Some ships have already had their courses changes but the Glory and Fantasy will be decieded tomorrow. It looks bad for the Bahamas at the very least. The projected track now takes it north of PC and into the St Augustine/Jacksonville area but those of us that live here are still praying it will turn a little more and miss us. Your agent should know more tomorrow afternoon but in the meantime continue to watch the weather forecasts. I know we are glued to it right now.
Jim

Old September 1st, 2004, 09:20 AM
Layna

I just talked to Carnival. They are clueless about this hurricane. They state that the boat will sail even if the hurricane is set to land there. Crazy. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens. I do know that the airlines will sing a different tune, they say that they will not fly into Miami if there are hurricane warnings out.
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:36 AM
Layna

Default Re: Re: Hurricane

Jim
Do you have the fate of Triumph? That is what we are set to sail with.

I was wondering if they would move the boats to Jacksonville for the Saturday departures. What did they do with Glory and Fascination?
Old September 1st, 2004, 11:40 AM
Admiral

I haven't heard yet where the various ships will go and your TA should be the best source as the cruiselines for everyone should contact them as soon as decisions are made. I can tell you that they won't be sending the ships to Jacksonville. Chances are we are also going to get nailed badly and the terminal is for only one ship at a time and temporary at that. Latest reports have Frances coming ashore near Ft Pierce but it is still not certain as last night it had it coming ashore at St Augustine up the coast a good ways. Just have to keep a close eye on her and keep in contact with your TA's.
Jim

PS Ships will not come into port during a hurricane, that isn't allowed and has never, and will never be done.