Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Passenger

Default Destiny

My family is all going on the Destiny over Christmas. Anyone who has been on this ship please let us know what side trips to take and what to see. Any teenagers going that week?
Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2004, 07:12 PM
katiemae

Default Re: Destiny

We've actually been on all of the ports - but not on Carnival. Our first CCL cruise will be in January. If you are planning a day on the beach - Megan's Bay in St. Thomas is just beautiful. Very calm water with just enough wave to keep you bobbing in the water. It's great. Dominica is a gorgeous island, filled with flowers, waterfalls, etc. Don't miss an island tour here. We understand that The Boatyard is a great beach in Barbados, they have jet ski's to rent, water trampolines, climbing walls in the water, etc. Your teens should love it. We will be doing this beach in January. Aruba is absolutely beautiful, our favorite - sounds like almost everyones favorite. The shopping is great, just outside the ships. They have great snorkel excursions here too. Have fun. You'll love the islands. We love them so much, we're going back.
Old September 6th, 2004, 08:46 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Destiny

I hope you have a wonderful cruise. in St thomas yes do Megans bay it is great the cost was $3.00 each . In Barbados We di the catermaran snorkle and beach cruise. It was the best I have ever been on. The Rum Punch's are out of this world. They were really good at helping first time snorklers. In Aruba we did the Jolly Pirates Sunset cruise. It was really nice and they have a rope swing so the teens can swing out into the ocean.Aruba has a lot of places you can walk or take a cab to since the ship is there al day.When I was on the Destiny we went to Martinique.It was a stop that most of our group just went shopping not a lot to do. It was not a very friendly stop. I think it has been changed.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2