Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2004, 12:16 AM
First Mate

Default Opinions of Holiday

My husband and I are considering a cruise aboard the Holiday next month. I read some disturbing things about this particular ship posted on another site tonight. (water coming up through the drains flooding the rooms, bad food, rude personel, etc.) We have sailed on the Ecstasy and looked forward to cruising on the Holiday but now I am not so sure. If anyone has sailed this ship and can set my mind at ease, please do so!
Thanks.
Ann
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2004, 08:37 AM
DavidW

Default Re: Opinions of Holiday

I have a good friend that sailed on the Holiday last month. This was a quick getaway for Him and his wife. They usually sail on Princess or RCCL.strickly. But for a quick getaway, this would do.
This was his review:
If you have sailed on the larger ships, Princess, RCCL, or Conquest class ships, don't look for all the shows you see on the larger ships. Also, they don't have all the waiters walking around offering drinks, like on the larger ships.You'll have to go to the bar and get your own. The Holiday is an older ship, so don't expect the glits and glamore of the newer ships.

They had good service,our room stewart's was good, and the food in the main dining room was good every night. The atmosphere on the ship was great, and they played island music all the way to the ports.
When I asked him would he sail on her again, he said ," Yes I would, this was a great getaway for the wife and I."

Hope you have a great cruise.
happy sailing;
david
Old September 14th, 2004, 09:10 AM
Terri H

Ann, My Husband and I will be on the Holiday sailing October 16th. When are you planning to sail? Is anyone out there sailing on the Holiday on October 16th?
Old September 14th, 2004, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Luvjoy1948

I sailed on the Holiday last April and it was my first cruise and it was absolutely wonderful. The food was outstanding, the crew couldn't have been sweeter or nicer. I didn't want to leave. The holiday is not a big ship or new one - but it is very clean and we had no problems at all. I went aboard not knowing what to expect and expecting what I found and it turned out better then I could have ever imagined. Have fun.
Old September 14th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to JULIEB
Default Re: Re: Opinions of Holiday

Terri my husband & I will also be saling Holiday on 10-16. I hope that we can get there we live in Troy, AL & are expected to have bad weather. I just talked to my travel agent & said if weather conditions prevent us from making it we should be given credit. He told me that he would notify me of any changes & I have been checking Carnival web page for updates. I am really looking forward to this trip. Maybe we will see you. Have a great cruise.
Old September 14th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Terri H

JULIEB - Since you will be on the Holiday the same time I am please email me @ terrihyatt@hotmail.com
Old September 14th, 2004, 12:10 PM
First Mate

Terri,
We are thinking about the October 21 trip. My birthday is October 23 and it would be a nice getaway. We live in Decatur AL and being able to drive to Mobile is really a plus. Thanks everyone for the positive comments.
Ann
Old September 14th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to JULIEB
Default Re: Re: Opinions of Holiday

Terri have sent you email look forward to hearing back from you also. Ann I will let you know how it was when I get back if I get to go. Hope you have a happy birthday whichever cruise you choose.
Old September 14th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Opinions of Holiday

I sailed the Holiday on August 23, 2004 . It was absolutely wonderful. The ship was very clean and someone always cleaning more. There were always waiters with drinks , you didn't have to go to the bar to get your own. I'm not much for musical shows so I didn't do any of those but my girlfriend and her daughter did and they though it was very good ("Shout" ). I never noticed any unusual smells on the ship either. Food was great. We were in cabin M21 and our room steward was William - he was great.

Go, you will have a great time !