Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 14th, 2004, 05:40 PM
bjkeen

Default So happy to be here

I have missed all of you; it is funny but my computer worked well until the last hurricane.
Sponsored Links
Old September 14th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: So happy to be here

Welcome back....

Old September 14th, 2004, 05:48 PM
First Mate

Welcome Back

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old September 14th, 2004, 09:56 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro

Welcome back the last hurricane took the air conditioner out of Mease Dunedin, we worked in a sweat shop for a week in this Florida heat I thought I would keel over! Ro

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old September 14th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Admiral

Welcome back!! Hope things settle down for all the Fl. people!!!(and Caribb.people). Oh yeah, I hear Ivan is aiming for other parts of the US now!! Stay safe!!

Old September 24th, 2004, 08:29 PM
bjkeen

Ro,
Are you ready for Jeanne? I think that's a good reason to book a cruise. Don't you?
Old September 24th, 2004, 11:22 PM
Passenger

We are in West Palm and ready to go for round 2....I can't think of any better reason to look forward to next Saturday....I'm putting my dresses for formal night in the safe spot! Just say no to Matty or Nicole! Jeanne...it's on! 7 days and hours 'till I'm on the Lido Deck with the drink of the day! I'll probably have power there then before my home...Might have to do my laundry on the first day of the cruise...lol...Good Luck my fellow Floridians!!!

Old September 26th, 2004, 06:38 AM
Yeoman

Glad you back up and running BJ. Better unplug it though, here comes Jennie !

Happy cruising and sunny skies to all thats cruising soon;
david
Old September 26th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Yeoman

bjkeen

welcome back.

i know what you mean. i went on vacation to phoenix for a week and when i got home my hard drive had crashed. it took 3 weeks to get it fixed. i really am glad to be back here with all these great folks and catch up on all that has been goin on.

happy sailing

Old September 26th, 2004, 10:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Ro
Default Re: Re: So happy to be here

Bj I already booked my cruise which is my first on Nov 18 out of Tampa.Shoot I would be happy if they gave me money back and just cruised all around for the days and didn't do a port. Down time to me is spent anywhere. What happiness to get stuck on a cruise ship with a cocktail in my hand just cruising with money back for a second one. . Jeannie is beating us up here today on Sunday in Tarpon Springs. I was almost done picking up all that was left from the last and fixed my screen porch which was only 6 yrs old and now we are doing it all over again. Hurricanes just plain suck big time! Ro

Inspiration-2004, 2005, 2009
Glory- 4/26/2009
Sensation -4/2007, 10/2009
2/2010 & 11/3/2011
Old September 26th, 2004, 04:11 PM
bjkeen

Ro,
My group is cruising on the 5th. To bad we aren't all cruising together.

Yeah, your right about the hurricane. This hurricane seems worse than the others. Can you believe I have a friend who stayed in Melbourne? Tampa seems to have escaped with trees down and flooding in flood zones. Saw a couple of houses with tree additions. I feel sorry for them.
Old September 27th, 2004, 10:20 AM
bjkeen

Hurray, Hurray the cruise ships are returning today to Tampa.

The Hurricane Story
Written by B.J. Keen

Prelude: I know that you are all tired of hearing about our hurricanes in Florida. With that in mind I decided to share a true story with you. The last Hurricane, Jeannie came in with a vengeance. The winds were strong and the rain heavy. A few times I tried to take my dog outside and I felt like Merry Poppins. Since I had this experience I could not imagine the experience that I am going to describe for you.

During the heavy rain and wind a small Mother cat tried desperately to remove her kittens from their hiding spot in the yard. My Mother heard a meow, meow, meow at the door. When she opened the door the wind was howling and the rain pour and she looked at her top step. There lay a small gray kitten. My Mom looked outside trying to see where the kittens Mother might be. The wind was blowing so hard it was difficult for my Mom to open the door. She said, “I had to save the kitten, the little cat had worked so hard to bring it to me.” My Mom managed to open the door and reach out and pick up the small little creature, it was small enough to fit in the palm of her hand. She said, “The kitten is so young that it’s eyes are not open.” She brought the kitten into the house and found a box for it. Then she found a cloth that she could put in the box to keep it warm. Then she found an eye dropper to feed the kitten with just in case the Mother cat did not return. Mom could not imagine why the Mother cat would again go back into the horrible weather, except she must have more kittens. Later on my Mom heard another cry from outside, she again opened the door to find a black kitten laying there. The rain was coming down in sideways sheets, trees where dropping limbs and still the small Mother cat was no where in sight. Again my Mother reached out the door and pulled inside another kitten. After a few hours there was another cry from outside. My Mom again opened the door and there lay a black and white kitten; she reached out and gathered this kitten and put it in the box with the others. The wind was howling and the rain coming down in sheets. My Mother wondered how on earth a small cat could survive such weather?

In the afternoon the kittens began to cry for their Mother. After all, it had been a long time since they were saved from the storm. My Mom opened the door so that if she were still alive the Mother cat would hear her kittens crying. The cat appeared at the door with eyes as large as saucers. This is a wild cat who belonged to no one and who had never ventured inside my Mother’s house. My Mom opened the door so the cat could come in. The little cat tip toed to the box where her kittens were. She jumped in the box to feed her little ones. This is the end of the story about the brave little cat. I hope that the citizens in my area continue to show compassion and kindness to each other like the little cat showed her kittens.

In the last few weeks people have been very considerate of each other; passing out food to people who have lost everything, lending a hand to trim a neighbors tree, and various other tasks that needed to be done.

The moral of this story is no matter what hardship comes our way there is always someone like the little cat that thinks about others before themself.