Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Passenger

Default Glory 10/9/04 & Cave Tubing

We are going to do the cave tubing expedition on this cruise but can't book through the cruise line as my son is only 9. X-treme is booked solid but I did find another company that only charges $49/pp, provided you have a group of 8 or more. There are only 3 of us and I was wondering if anyone on this cruise wanted to hook up to get the better price? Let me know, thanks!

Suzanne
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:54 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Glory 10/9/04 & Cave Tubing

Hello! My husband & I are going on this same cruise (Glory 10/9/04)& we are interested in the cave tubing. I did see on a cruise chat that Carnival charges $89/pp, for the same thing that you can get for the $49/pp....& that just seems so much better. Although, we have a little fear that we would run late & get left behind. But, I'm sure alot of people book on their own & everything is fine. Do you have previous experience with this?
~~Hope there will be NO Hurricanes~~
Look forward to hearing from You. Thanks!
Jessica
Old September 16th, 2004, 04:45 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Glory 10/9/04 & Cave Tubing

Hi, I hope you join us. This is our first cruise so I have no experience, however, I did talk to the owner of the company (www.actionbelize.com) and he has been in business 24 (?) years and has never had anyone miss the boat. I was concerned about that as well. Lord knows, I'd love to save the extra money and meet some new people as well . Let me know what you decide.

Suzanne
Old September 16th, 2004, 07:30 AM
jamiegunter

You can also check with Reggies Cave Tubbing, i think its like regtours.com or something like that. We used him last year, we had a great time. I think most of them have a limit on age. Not sure what Reggies was. Some times of the year the water gets alot deeper. We went during February, and it was not very deep as it wasnt rainy season. It gets very dark in the cave, thats why they dont want small children on these tours. You wear a cave light on your head for some light. There is also some parts were you really have to paddle because of the current so you dont go into rocks. Reggie had guides lined up to catch people if they got caught in these. Just wanted to let you know about the caves so you can decide if your child is up to all that. You also have a 45 minute walk up to wear the river starts. Good luck.
Old September 16th, 2004, 09:15 AM
Passenger

Thanks for the advice, it's good stuff. Thankfully, my son is totally comfortable in the water, an excellent swimmer and we've been tubing, white-water rafting, canoing and kayaking before so I think he'll be ok. My husband and I will be there to help through the rough spots if necessary.
Old September 18th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Passenger

We (2) of us are interested in joining a group to do "cave tubing"
Let me know about details....did check actionbelize.com....price
$49 pp.
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Beginner

Suzanne, We checked out the website & everything looks good. How would we go about doing this? First, we have to wait for 8 people total, right? It looks like we might have 7 interested so far!!! Talk to later ~ Jessica
Old September 19th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Al Maroney

My wife and I will be going on the Glory on 9/25/04 and are wondering if you could give any feedback on your experience on the ship or tours. We plan to scuba dive in belize and have been on previous cruises many times, but I find that each time you learn something new !!!

Did you hear anything about the "Fiesta party boat" tour in Cozumel ??? I went on another one a couple of years ago called the "jolly roger" and it was a blast and the fieats party boat sounds about the same.

How was the weather when you went ? It sounds like you made it just before the hurricanes started.

Thanks !!!
Old September 19th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Glory 10/9/04 & Cave Tubing

I already made reservations, no money down. Basically, they just charge you according to the number of people you show up with, $49/pp being the cheapest with at least a group of 8. I'll send everyone the details privately and we can finalize then. Can't wait to meet everyone!

Suzanne
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:37 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Glory 10/9/04 & Cave Tubing

ccero:

I was going to e-mail you (privately) the confirmation I received but realized I couldn't get your e-mail from the site. Please e-mail me with your e-mail address so I can get the information to you.

Thanks,
Suzanne
Old September 25th, 2004, 11:17 PM
rjt

My wife and daughter went cave tubing on the 8/28 Glory cruise. They didn't really like it. Most of the tubing is in dark caves. Although they give out lights, on their excursion they didn't have enough lights for everyone. The changing area was disgusting with toilets that had not been working in some time. If you decide to go, bring swim shoes - the ship will try to sell you shoes for $20, they don't tell you you need them until after you book the tour. You can rent swim shoes for $3 if you don't mind earing shoes others have been wearing.
Old September 26th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Glory 10/9/04 & Cave Tubing

Thank you for any info.
ccero
Old September 26th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Kellysaily

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Glory 10/9/04 & Cave Tubing

Hi,

Would like to know everything you can find out about cheaper in the ports if you have the time. Was wondering if we were going to be able to go on any and was really glad to see the 49pp....we are a group of 4 and we don't sail until 4/10/2005 and would love any tips on how to get cheaper tours. Thanks so much!! Kelly
Old October 4th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to love2cruise

Hi Suzane
Group of 20 hear, I'm sure someone would like to go on this excursion. How can we meet up on the ship if someone is interested?

Lisa