Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:34 AM
first time cruiser

Default cruising on halloween

We will be cruising during halloween and I was just wondering if anyone else has been on a cruise during this time? We were told to bring our costumes but hubby wont likely dress up. If anyone has any costume ideas that arent to drastic----I am open for ideas. I thought about taking his camo since he is also a hunter and figured that was the only way to get him to dress up.
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Jack & Erlinda

Default Re: cruising on halloween

We will be on the Mariner, sailing date of Oct 31. I called up RCCL and they said that that night late, they are having one of their huge parades, so alot of people are going to bring costumes. They just said to be sure the costumes are "tasteful" and not to be offensive to others.
Are you on the same sailing?
Old September 15th, 2004, 11:50 AM
Admiral

How about having him dress up as a cowboy? All you'll need is jeans, a cowboy hat and cowboy boots. Or perhaps a magician. He could wear a cape and a tophat over dress pants and shirt and, of course, a wand. That's all I can think of at the moment. If I come up with any more I'll post.
Old September 15th, 2004, 11:57 AM
browezilla

A fun dress up time is on Costa Cruise lines. The last night is a Roman Feast. On the ship we were on, about 75% dressed up in togas (they give you bed sheets and instructions). It was a lot of fun and folks were very imaginative with the sheets.
Old September 15th, 2004, 12:04 PM
first time cruiser

sorry I didnt put what cruise we will be on. We will be on a seven day cruise on Glory setting sail on oct. 30th.
Old September 15th, 2004, 12:08 PM
suzys

we were on the Triumph a couple of years ago for Halloween and there were more then 100 people dressed - it was really nice.
Old September 15th, 2004, 03:27 PM
First Mate

We've been on cruises over halloween before and have enjoyed seeing what people dressed as. There were about 100 people dressed up last fall...our CD had those that wanted to "win" parade across the staged. Three people had been selected to vote for them. The winners were a group of people who had taken characters from Gilligans Island and dressed up like them. In second place were two couples that dressed up as if they were traveling on the Titanic. I can't remember third at the moment. There was also an egyptian couple....plugs and socket costumes....sumo wrestlers - these were inflatible costumes...toga party participants....etc.

My suggestion would be that if your husband would only be willing to dress in his hunting outfit...that you find a deer costume or some such thing that he could have
shot...or something else that might go along with his camo.

I'm not sure the same CD is on the Glory this year....but that is the ship we were on last year at Halloween time. It was fun to watch....we did not participate.
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:39 PM
Shan

You can dress or not...depends on your personality....we were on the Princess and there wasn't alot that dressed up....