Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2005, 10:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to sweetaspeaches22
Default First Cruise/Carnival Glory Sep 05

This is my first cruise and im kinda worried about cruising during the Hurricane Season, i pray that we dont have a repeat of last year! Is there anyone who has cruised during the Hurricane months? Is there anyone else sailing on the Carnival Glory cruise Sep 3, 05?

Sponsored Links
Old June 1st, 2005, 11:08 PM
borntocruise

Default Re: First Cruise/Carnival Glory Sep 05

sweetaspeaches, make sure you take out insurance for your trip!!!

We missed a cruise because of IVAN in 2004. Insurance paid the bill, we did not lose a cent. However, they did not cover the STRESS.

Go to "insure my trip" or another insurance place & get coverage.
It is not that expensive considering the price of the cruise.

Happy Cruising!!!!!!!

jp
Old June 1st, 2005, 11:09 PM
Admiral

sweet...
We have always cruised the last week of August or first week of September and only last year did we have hurricane problems. Hurricane Frances lingered over Florida so long we were delayed 2 days at sea. The Captain kept us safe, cruising far away from the storm. We did not miss any ports but it can happen. We had to disembark in Miami instead of Port Canaveral where many had parked their cars and everyone missed their flights home. My advice is to arrive a day or two before the cruise and get travel insurance. We had it and they paid for our hotel and meals. There are many to choose from on insuremytrip.com.

Post Edited (06-02-05 04:11)

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old June 2nd, 2005, 03:33 AM
Passenger

Sweetaspeaches22,

I'll be sailing with you on the Glory on Sept 3rd. I have also sailed several times during Hurricane season and so far have never had a problem. Listen to everyones advice and get travel insurance. I always take it. Thankfully, I've never had to use it.

Nancy
Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: First Cruise/Carnival Glory Sep 05

Also on the Glory September 3. Cruise that same week a couple of years ago and no problems, but know it can happen. I suppose that is the reason that is a bargain rate period. Just get the insurance and hope we don't have to use it. We are so anxious for this cruise!
Old June 2nd, 2005, 08:44 AM
Happy Camper

I'd get the insurance if you book your own air or hotel or anything not connected to the cruiseline you want to insure if you you think you would cancel because of hurricane - make sure the insurance you get covers you wanting to cancel - most won't. Really if you don't have air than know the cruise line will run the ship to get it away or keep it away from the hurricane - you may miss ports, change ports, have a bumby ride, or lots of rain but it will cruise. They may offer discounts on cruises changed by the hurricanes but they don't have too but the ship does sail. The insurance is good if you have preexisting medical conditions, worried about not being able to go due to illness etc. Make sure why you get the insurance and what the insurance covers as many don't cover a lot. Debbie
Old June 2nd, 2005, 04:11 PM
Admiral

The three of you are going a week too early! <G> What will happen is if there is a storm then you will just go to ports that are not affected by the storm. If for some reason the cruise is cancelled, (which would be very rare), then the cruiseline would refund you money. Now if you are late getting to the port and miss the ship for any reason then it is your insurance that would refund your money. If you have no insurance then you lose. What you all need to do is cancel this week and rebook the next week and go with all of us. A good time is guarenteed!
Jim

Old June 2nd, 2005, 04:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Shalyn,
We will be getting on Glory as you depart, also cruising with Jim and a few others. I too don't normally cruise this time of year, but hopefully there will not be any bad weather, hope you enjoy your Glory cruise as much as I know we will.

BTW, I added [ i m g ] to your countdown, you had the correct one at the end, just missing the beginning one, so now your clock is working, have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old June 2nd, 2005, 06:33 PM
Passenger

Jim: Wish we could make it that week, but just not possible for us..sorry, but we will try to keep the ship in order for you!
Old June 2nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
Admiral

Hey BLWMS, We will wave at you as you get off and we get on. <G> Just don't break the ship please. <>
Jim