Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2004, 09:01 AM
Passenger

Default Costa Maya

We leave next week on the conquest. I assume we will be going to Costa Maya instead of Grand Cayman. ANyone been? Is there good diving or snorkeling? I hope we go there rather than progreso. It looks like progreso is a couple hours' bus ride to anything interesting.
Sponsored Links
Old September 17th, 2004, 10:48 AM
Bubbles

Default Re: Costa Maya

There is great info for this on Costa Maya Cruise Excursion http://costamayacruiseexcursions.com we've booked the snorkeling and beach break with them, can't go wrong at $25 per trip for snorkeling and then $25 for open bar at the beach:-) My kinda place!!
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:34 AM
First Mate

So, does it cost 25 for snorkeling and then 25 for beach break?
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:04 PM
First Mate

I guess I should just read more carefully. I have the answer to my question. Geez, It is early here in Sacto, Ca.
Old September 17th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Costa Maya

I am not so sure that we will be going to Costa Maya. If you look on the Carnival website for the 9/19 sailing of the Conquest, they are just making 2 stops, Montego Bay and Cozumel.
Old September 17th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Passenger

When I talked to a Carnival rep yesterday, she told me they were going to MoBay, Cozumel, and Costa Maya for that sailing. Guess maybe they changed it since then. I don't know why they wouldn't go to Costa Maya or Belize instead of shorting the guests a port - they're so close to Cozumel you would think it wouldn't be a problem. Maybe the ports were booked with all the changes. That sucks, though.

Of course Jamaica is open. They don't want to miss out on the moneyt from the cruise ships. I wonder if the shore excursions will be open.
Old September 17th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Passenger

I LOVE COSTA MAYA! We did not go snorkeling...just walked to the village following the path along the water. Very nice walk. Just a few venders. But beautiful beach area....great for pictures. The people are extremely friendly. Great place to just kick back and enjoy the view. This is one of my favorite stops and of all the ports, these are also my favorite pictures....I have pictures of Costa Maya everywhere...home....office! Hee hee! Enjoy!
Old September 18th, 2004, 04:22 PM
First Mate

Hey tiger and DD I noticed on the annoucements section of Carnival that this week they only get two stops. I sure hope we get 3 I love to cruise but I do like to go to port also. I try to get 3 or 4 ports on my 7 day cruise. I'm glad we can go to Montego Bay I have never been there before. I might not want to go again but I do want the chance to see if I like the ports. Well until we get to meet next week have a great day and I will say a prayer for port number 3.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old September 18th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Costa Maya

I agree with wanting 3 stops. Whatever am I going to do to keep my husband busy for another day at sea. I cant remember now, who was going to have the poker game going? My kids I know will be entertained, it is the biggest one that I have to worry about. DD
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:11 AM
First Mate

DD Joemo is head of the poker game he will have the rainbow suspendors on the liddo deck.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2