Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2004, 02:47 PM
emmysnana

Default Galveston Hotel and Terminal Parking

We are sailing on Celebration on Sept. 30. We have reservations at Commodore on the Beach. Has anyone stayed there ? Any info ?
We are planning on leaving our car at the terminal. I have heard of Dolphin Parking, but when I search the internet, it takes me to EZCruise Parking. Are they the same ? Any info ?
Also info on Celebration ?
only 11 Days to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your help.
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Texas Cruiser

Default Re: Galveston Hotel and Terminal Parking

I'm guessing the cruise lots you mentioned are the same. Besides the "cruise terminal" parking the Dolphin Lots are the only ones I know about. They are across the street from the ships. There will be lots of signs with directions pointing you there. We cruised out of there in March and there were big dolphins (painted pieces of wood shaped like dolphins maybe 7 feet high) at the entrances. Your hotel can give you accurate directions if you feel you need them. We haven't stayed in the hotel, as we are locals, but the Dolphin lot is a great service. Costs the same as the official lot, but they pull right up to your car and transport you, your luggage, and your entire travelling party directly to the ship and back to your car again when it's over. So easy with no hassles. Enjoy!
Old September 20th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Admiral

We stayed at Commodore on the Beach in March and will be staying with them again for our next cruise. In March they had a shuttle to the ship and you could leave your car there for free. I understand that they have discontinued the shuttle, but you can leave your car there for free and take a cab to and from the ship for much less than the parking lots. (Their lot is not secured, but it is monitored from the desk area.)
The hotel is older but nice (remodeled). All of the rooms face the beach. There is easy access to the beach, too, if you have time to go. There's a restaurant next door and several others in walking distance.
They have a continental breakfast each AM. (Coffee, juice, milk, cereal, packaged pasteries you can heat in the microwave, etc.)
You can check their website for more info!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:26 PM
emmysnana

Thanks for the info.
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:25 AM
Happy Camper

i DO NOT THINK THEY ARE THE SAME. There are a few parking companies there now. I think the EZ one is the cheapest. Dolphin we used twice about $45 for 5 nights and $60 for 7 nights - once last May and I was not impressed. They made us wait till noon to go to the ship because they were having a hard time getting everyone off the previous cruise. THis is normal from what I understand. THere was also long line to get a shuttle to our car when we returned. EZ I think is the other one. They were a lot cheaper and faster supposedly. Check out "www.cruise-addicts.com" and go to their reveiw section. I know I read about this recently. Debbie
Old September 21st, 2004, 09:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to CeCe

I also thank you for the information. We are sailing out of Galveston in November.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
pat Sandman

Check with the hotel you stay in sometimes they will let you leave you car parked there for the week for free. Just take a cab to the port cheaper than paying a parking lot and none are very close to the port they have shuttles. The port has become so busy they are working on the parking situation.
Old September 23rd, 2004, 03:41 PM
peg-a-leg

Default Re: Re: Galveston Hotel and Terminal Parking

you said you are cruising out of galveston in November. What ship? We leave on November 15 on the Carnival Ecstasy.
Old September 25th, 2004, 10:20 PM
teach

EZ Cruise parking is different than Dolphin parking. It's much cheaper and it takes about the same time to get to and from the dock. It's right down from the pier where you will get on the ship. It was only 35.00 for 7 days where Dolphin charges 65.00. Much cheaper. I had no reservations about leaving our car there. Very friendly staff.

Enjoy your cruise.
Old September 26th, 2004, 12:32 PM
Kellysaily

Default Re: Re: Galveston Hotel and Terminal Parking

How many were in your group and if you don't mind what was the charge per night? Thanks, sailing 4/10/2005!! Kelly
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:28 PM
Passenger

The Hilton and Holiday Inn on the Beach both have free parking and free shuttles that take you to and from the port.