Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2004, 03:27 PM
devron60

Default 9/11 Cruise on Holiday

I would be interested if anyone who cruised on the Holiday 9/11 had any comments about the cruise. With all that happened concerning Ivan, and all the confusion from Carnival management with the changes to the schedule, and the Galveston stop. I was hoping for some feedback before I contact carnival. Thanks, Devron60.
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Sheila Dearman

Default Re: 9/11 Cruise on Holiday

I have many comments on the cruise from New Orleans on 9/11.

email me with your thoughts and I'll share mine
Old September 23rd, 2004, 08:08 PM
md rich

Default Re: 9/11 Cruise on Holiday

My wife and I were on our 29th cruise, 4th on Holiday with my daughter and our son-in-law on their first. While I will be the first to admit there was confusion, I believe the captain and his staff did everything in their power to keep us safe. We were looking forward to Cozumel, our favorite port, but what were the options. We had never been to Veracruz, and we really enjoyed the city tour,especially the old fort from the 16th and 17th century. I appreciated the ship giving everyone a free five minute phone call and the effort put forth by our stewards and dining room staff. As far as going to Galveston and then returning to N.O., I understand there were some people who had to return home on Thursday for emergencies. The only option I could see was waiting at the mouth of the river, not knowing how many days it would be before we could return to New Orleans. I personally enjoyed the extra day and at sea, and was treated fine by all the crew I came in contact with. I saw many people at the purser's desk and asked several why they were upset , and was told it was because of the extra ten dollars charged because of the extra day of service they received. I certainly believe these people that work so hard, deserve the pay for their time. I understand any customer that has a complaint should contact Carnival with their problems. Being in management myself, I am certainly glad I did not have to make these decisions. I would sail the Holiday again any time, and plan to do so in January or February from Mobile. Thanks to the captain for keeping us safe.