Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Anyone have previous experience in a cabin in the front of t

I used the K. Method to find my cabin, #U7 on the Upper deck. I like that it's at the end of a hallway, but am wondering if I should prepare myself for some rockin' and rollin'.

(My last cruise, I was towards the back of the ship, and we experienced a great deal of motion.)

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Anyone have previous experience in a cabin in the front

We were on the Celebration 8/14 and we were in cabin M4.....very end of the hallway. Our room was a "little" bit bigger than the other inside cabins. I didn't notice any more rocking/rolling in the room than I did on deck. (but we had pretty smoothe sailing most of the time). You will DEFINITELY know when you get into port, as you can hear the anchors and everything else going on. We didn't need an alarm clock on those days! This was our first cruise, so I don' t have another to compare it to, but we heard some humming of the engines........however, it was just enough to lull you right to sleep. All in all, I wouldn't think twice about staying in that same cabin again.

Have fun!

Michelle

Old September 20th, 2004, 02:37 PM
Passenger

Not on celebration but we had a front cabin on a different ship. It was gorgeous with windows all across the front...I mean really front of the ship. The movement was more noticeable than our other cruises, but not too bad.
Old September 20th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the responses! After being at the back of the ship last cruise, I feel better prepared for this one. (Of course, with a GTY, the room # can still change!)

Thanks for the warning about the anchors and machinary. I'll bring some industrial strength earplugs! ;-)

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Old September 21st, 2004, 11:04 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Anyone have previous experience in a cabin in the fr

We were in M21 on the Holiday last month. There were only about 5 cabins further forward than us. I thought it was a great place to be, very little traffic in the hallways. I had read posts about hearing the anchor but we never heard it. This was my first cruise so not a lot to compare it to but we did not seem to have any more motion in our room than anywhere else on the ship.

Have fun!