CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Passion Island Excursion (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/199824-passion-island-excursion.html)

Ann September 20th, 2004 10:27 PM

Passion Island Excursion

Has anyone taken the Passion Island excursion from Cozumel (through Carnival)? If so, how much did it cost? Was it worth it?

jen2 September 22nd, 2004 07:04 AM

Re: Passion Island Excursion

This excursion is $75.00pp. My husband and I just got back from the Conquest. We had booked this excursion, but thanks to Ivan it was cancelled. I have heard it is wonderful.

dmthoms76 September 22nd, 2004 08:11 AM

I have heard mixed reviews on it, my family and I have decided to take a taxi to Paradise beach, they are going to start charging 5.00 to get in (was free) but that INCLUDES all beach toys including scuba gear, kayaks, floating iceberg, and more!
They also have a great little restaurant there.
I have been on thier website and it looks great!

Lots of beaches to take a taxi too, all taxi's have a list of beaches. Some free, some not.

~Donna

cathy September 23rd, 2004 01:46 PM

We have done this excursion through Royal Carb. Personally I did not think it was worth it. IF I remember correctly It was $68.00 per person with free drinks. Beach was nice but lunch was just OK. Sanitation was not very good. Looked like all they did was rinse the used glasses in milky water and then again in some dirty water in a barrel. GROSS!!!! My husband said I need to learn to like Coronas. Maybe so, but I still did not think it was really worth it.

RMHC September 23rd, 2004 08:11 PM

I also just got back from the Conquest 9/12 and we took a taxi to Paradise Beach. It cost $12.00 for the taxi ride there and free to get in. All they want you to do is buy food & drinks from them. We had a great time there would go back tomorrow. I did a massage on the beach and it was wonderful. I would highly recomend this beach to you.

on-the-water September 24th, 2004 01:56 AM

Passion Island unfortunatly is not worth the money. It is a private island, and the beach is beautiful. However, there really isn't anything there to do other than play volleyball and lie out in the sun. There is no snorkeling at all. They do serve you luch and give you drinks. It you can drink $75.00 dollars worth of alcohol, then go for it. You'll most likely follow that by passing out in the sand. So you'll take advantage of two of the four things they offer. Save the money and go somewhere else on your own.

As a side note, since Passion Island is north of Cozumel island and exposed to the ocean, it can be really windy.