CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Nick & Nora's on Miracle (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/199852-nick-noras-miracle.html)

Mike H September 22nd, 2004 12:40 PM

Nick & Nora's on Miracle

Sailing on the miracle on 11/7. Anyone been to Nick & Nora's supper club? Is it worth the $25? Any trouble getting reservations? Thanks

BDugs September 22nd, 2004 06:35 PM

Re: Nick & Nora's on Miracle

My wife and I ate at Nick and Noras.It was well worth the extra 25.00 per person. Left the kids at camp and had an awsome night out! Make a reservation as soon as you get on the ship. You can actually pick what table you want to sit at. If you want.Figure out which side of the ship the sun will be setting the night you will be there and make the reservation around sun set. How can you beat that. Service , food,entertainment where all great!
Have fun!

Deanna September 22nd, 2004 10:24 PM

EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definitelty eat there--like eating at a 5 star steakhouse in NYC minus the actual cost!!! You will get a drink on the house called Scorpino--I wish I can make it at home---very very good!!! enjoy and let me know if you like it!!!! Deanna

dmw September 23rd, 2004 08:28 AM

Can you guys give me an idea of what to tip at Nick & Nora's?

GoodToGo September 23rd, 2004 09:48 AM

I don't know if its worth $25/person or not, but I can't imagine that it would be better than the Sterling Steakhouse on the Caribbean Princess (among the best meals we've eaten at any Steakhouse) - and that was only $15/person.

If Carnival and Princess are now part of the "same" Company - it does make me wonder why the price is so different ($30/couple vs. $50/couple).

We're sailing on the MIRACLE 11/14.

Anybody know or have any thoughts?

GoodtoGo
Sailing 11/14 on MIRACLE

taxmanhbr September 23rd, 2004 01:08 PM

Fantastic..Ate there on our first cruise this past July. Make reservations when you board.
We chose to sit upstairs by a window as opposed to downstairs by the entertainment.
Had a great time. The porterhouse steak was really great, And so was that special drink that was given to us.

Have a great time

CruizeDragon September 23rd, 2004 01:37 PM

Nick and Nora's is like going to a 5 Star Restuarant. We have eaten at a couple of places trhat cost us a lot more, and we don't drink, and Nick and Nora's was so much better.

We have tipped $25.00 for the both of us on both the Mircacle and the Legend. We fiqure that it's worth $75.00 for a meal that would cost at least $150-$200 on land.

On the Legend we picked a table close to the kichen, whe we got there and found out how noisy it was, we asked to be moved and the only table available was on the second level. This was a good table but it was too far away from the dance floor for us. The next year on the Miracle we picked a table on thelower level next to the dance floor.

CruizeDragon September 23rd, 2004 01:37 PM

Nick and Nora's is like going to a 5 Star Restuarant. We have eaten at a couple of places trhat cost us a lot more, and we don't drink, and Nick and Nora's was so much better.

We have tipped $25.00 for the both of us on both the Mircacle and the Legend. We fiqure that it's worth $75.00 for a meal that would cost at least $150-$200 on land.

On the Legend we picked a table close to the kichen, whe we got there and found out how noisy it was, we asked to be moved and the only table available was on the second level. This was a good table but it was too far away from the dance floor for us. The next year on the Miracle we picked a table on thelower level next to the dance floor.

CruizeDragon September 23rd, 2004 01:38 PM

CruizeDragon September 23rd, 2004 01:41 PM

CruizeDragon September 23rd, 2004 01:46 PM

ParrotHeadFL September 23rd, 2004 04:55 PM

Is there an echo in here?

:P

caroliemarie September 24th, 2004 01:25 PM

Just curious,
My mom and I are going on the Miracle January 2nd. Is Nick and Nora's exclusively for couples? We would like to go to Nick and Nora's but do not want to be "out of place."

dmw September 24th, 2004 02:17 PM

Caroliemarie - less than 100 days to go, can't wait!
Donna

Mike H September 27th, 2004 12:46 PM

Thanks for all the great responses. Where do you make the reservations, at the resturant?