Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 23rd, 2004, 09:27 AM
MARY LOBUE

Default BIG SHIP COMING

Did you hear the Carnival Pinnacle will be a 200,000 ton class ship. It will be ready in three years. I don't know which country had the contract new ship...Does anyone know where she will be built????
Sponsored Links
Old September 23rd, 2004, 10:59 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom
Default Re: BIG SHIP COMING

WOW! i hadn't heard of that--where did u hear that???

Old September 23rd, 2004, 12:09 PM
taxmanhbr

I think I heard that it will be built in Finland - not sure though
Old September 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation

Carnival's Pinnacle
September 21: According to reports, Carnival Corporation is poised to place new orders for cuise ship for delivery in 2007-08. These orders could include a massive new vessel for Carnival Cruise Lines that would take back the title of the 'world's largest passenger ship' title back from Royal Caribbean's 160,000gt Ultra Voyager class vessels now under construction in Finland. The new concept named 'Pinnacle Project' was inhertited by Carnival after the merger with Princess. The vessel being contemplated could be up to 180,000gt.

Darrell
Old September 23rd, 2004, 07:49 PM
Admiral

I just posted the Carnival Press release that talks about the ships that have been ordered and there is not a 200,000 GRT or 160,000 GRT in there. These are in the dicussion stage only. If they do in fact end up ordering these "Pinnicale Project" ships delivery would not be in 2007 or 08 but they would probably be ordered around that time.
Jim

Old September 24th, 2004, 04:25 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to pridevacation

Growing up: Carnival Corp. plans five-ship development plan

MIAMI -- Carnival Corp. embarked on an extensive ship-construction program to build four vessels and modify an existing order for its Cunard Line brand.

Fincantieriís shipyards in Italy will build the ships, for delivery in 2007 and 2008, and will further redesign the Queen Victoria, also to be delivered in 2007, by lengthening the ship and increasing its capacity to 2,000.

Carnival Cruise Lines will get a 110,000-ton Conquest-class vessel and Princess Cruises a 116,000-ton Caribbean Princess-class ship in 2007. The other two ships will be similarly sized -- one a Conquest-class vessel and one a Caribbean Princess-class vessel -- and will be delivered in spring 2008. Carnival said it could take up to a year to decide which brands will take those two ships.

Darrell
Old September 24th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Passenger

We just got back from a reunion cruise on the Victory, and we were told at the past guest cocktail party that the Pinnacle is a done deal and will be ready to sail in 2007. we were told that it will be twice the length of the Victory and will carry twice as many passengers. It's hard for me to imagine a ship that big!
Old September 25th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise

remember, that is just their current expansion at Fincantieri. I don't think the Fincantieri yards would be able to handle such a big ship at the moment, not with their current orders anyways. They need to keep going with new tonnage whether they build the pinnacle project or not. There are plenty of other yards. Remember the QM2? they built that at Alstom st. Nazaire if memory serves. I'd hate for the new ship to, if equipped with pod propulsion, to have the Alstom mermaids, but it's a possibility.
From my conversations with the staff and officers on Paradise over the past 2 weeks, I know it is most likely coming. A lot of work and research has already gone into it. I wouldn't be surprised if they hold off till next year for the order though.

Post Edited (09-25-04 10:59)