Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2004, 08:56 AM
Staci Davidson

Default Victory vs. Glory

My husband and I, along with my aunt & uncle cruised on the Carnival Triumph September, 2003 and had an absolute blast! This was the first cruise for all of us and we loved the Triumph. We are planning on cruising again in May, 2005 and our parents are also going. We are having a hard time deciding between the Carnival Victory and the Carnival Glory. I understand the Victory is the Triumphs sister ship, but in pictures I've seen, it does not look as nice. Has anyone out there been on both the Victory and Glory, or can anyone give me some insight? Thank you so much for any help you can offer.
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2004, 08:09 PM
kakarp

Default Re: Victory vs. Glory

Hi

My DW and I sailed the Triumph a year ago May. We had a great time. This past May we sailed the Glory. Next May we are sailing the Victory. Being an avid reader of cruise web sites I had found my pros and cons about the Glory. But I have found many about other ships too. So I always go with an open mind. Yes the Glory is larger and I think I do think I noticed the extra people but that didnít bother me too much. My brother and sister-in-law came with us for there first cruise so I was nervous that they would not enjoy it. I had read many reviews that the movement of the Glory was much more noticeable. I will agree to that we all felt a lot of movement for the first oh 2 and one half days. It did settle down after that. My brother was getting disappointed at first but as things settled down he ended up having a Glory-ous time. We are all booked for next May on the Victory. My DW and I thought that was a good size ship. But I would like to try the sprit class. I think I had a smoother ride on the small ships but, they donít have enough balconies.

Good luck on your pick. I think youíll have a great time on either. Me, Iím going to go smaller again

Kakarp
Old September 27th, 2004, 07:30 AM
Staci Davidson

Default Re: Re: Victory vs. Glory

Thank you so much on your input and advice! As I'm sure you know, when you take someone else along, especially someone who has never cruised, you want them to have a blast. You really helped me. Thanks Again!