Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2004, 09:18 AM
patticake

Default taxi in cozumel

I am still trying to get things straight for all these excursions. my family will ask no questions about how we are going to do any of this. no one but me worries about all of this. nine of us five adults and four kids. want to go to chaukanaub park. when we get off the ship, will there be taxis waiting on dock and so no problem finding one or two for all of us. i think we are going to do our own thing and not go on any tours on cozumel. probably want to spend most of time at the park. i will ask this again, i am sorry. when we get to the park, can we just stay there and swim, snorkle and wander or do we havae to take taxi to somewhere else. in other words is chaukanaub all inclusive? i here people ;mentioning going back to the ship to eat and then come back to cozumel activities. of course once we haave paid to get into the park do not want to pay again. also every time we take a taxi with nine people another fee back and forth. pattticake
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2004, 09:32 AM
LJW

Default Re: taxi in cozumel

I will answer the first part of your question. When you get off the ship on Cozumel you will be forced to walk through a shopping area at the port. At the end of the shopping area you will find taxi's waiting. They have a board up that has different cab fares depending on where you want them to take you. The cab fares are per car not per person. Chakanaab is like a 8-10 min cab ride from the port if I remember correctly. You pass it as you go to Paradise Beach. Don't stress over it. Its very easy once you get there and see it for yourself.
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Admiral

Default Re: taxi in cozumel

the taxis are plentiful don't worry about it. Channunkaab National Park is a place where you can spend the entire day, you can relax on the beach, go snorkeling from the beach,of course the dolphin swim is here, there is also a small aquarium, gift shop, snack bar, and a mini replica of the Mayan ruins. All inside the park, within walking distance. You pay an entrance fee to get into the park. If you want to rent chairs or umbrella's for the beach that is extra. You have to pay extra for the dolphin swim and book it in advance.
Make sure you allow yourself enough time to get back onto the ship. The afternoon traffic in Cozumel can be a nightmare, its normally about a 10 minute ride on a good day, out to the park. I would plan at least a 1/2hr ride to get back to the ship and you need to be on board no less than 45 minutes before departure, 1 hour is best.
Old September 24th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Kelly/David

Default Re: Re: taxi in cozumel

I am so glad you and LJW answered her questions. It sounded as if myself were asking the same stuff, except there are only 4 of us going....I guess I gotta make sure I don't get us in a mess that I know nothing about. This will be our 1st cruise and am so excited I am counting down everyday like crazy. In the same sense, I am scared I will not know the things I need to know even through all the message board stuff (THANKS EVERYBODY)! Afraid I will forget something and it will put my family in a bad situation. Just like the rest of you out there, I sure don't want to do that.

Thanks everybody for your kindness and patience.
Kelly