Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Passenger

Default confused

Ok-- Port Canaveral's website says that they are closing the port today due to Hurricane Jeanne's projected path. Carnival's website doesn't say anything about changes for Saturday. GRRR--- How long do I wait to see if we are leaving and when? I called Carnival last night after reading Port Canaveral's website and they said they were still scheduled to leave out on Saturday. How can we leave if the Port is closed?

Thanks for any help you can provide. I am about to head down that way and wonder where I need to go.
Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:08 PM
Admiral

Default Re: confused

i think that the best thing that you could do is to double check on Carnival's web site, this has the best updated information. Then i would go with what the web site is saying.
Old September 24th, 2004, 02:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Paralegal
Default Re: Re: confused

My boyfriend and I were scheduled to leave tomorrow at 4 from Miami. We saw on Carnival's website, and I just received a fax, that our itinerary has changed. We now leave Monday and are doing the Western Caribbean for a 5 day cruise instead of 7 day. I am definitely bummed. We booked a balcony cabin and I was soooo looking forward to a 7 day cruise. They are so much better. Anyway, I would think Carnival would know by now what they are doing about their Port Canaveral cruises. I would keep checking the website.
Old September 24th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

New update now on carnival's site

Old September 24th, 2004, 08:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Here is the latest release from the CArnival web-site:
Print this Page

Weather Update

(9/24/04 7:00 PM EST) – Carnival is closely monitoring Hurricane Jeanne and all other weather conditions that could impact any of our sailings. The safety of our guests remains our number one priority.

Presently Hurricane Jeanne has impacted the following cruises:

DEPARTING FROM MIAMI:

CARNIVAL TRIUMPH:

The 7 Day cruise that departed on Sept. 18 is now expected to return to Miami on Sat., Sept. 25 as scheduled.

The 7 Day cruise scheduled to depart Sat., September 25, 2004 has changed to a 5 Day Western Caribbean cruise, visiting Progreso and Cozumel, departing on Mon., September 27, 2004. Guests booked on this sailing will receive 30% off of their cruise rate and $100 per person onboard credit.

DEPARTING FROM PORT CANAVERAL:

CARNIVAL GLORY:

The 7 Day cruise that departed on Sept. 18 is now expected to return to Miami on Sat., Sept. 25. Guests will be provided bus transportation back to Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport.

The 7 Day cruise scheduled to depart on Sat., Sept. 25 has changed to a 5 Day cruise departing on Mon., Sept. 27 visiting Progreso and Cozumel. This cruise will now depart from Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) and return to Port Canaveral on Sat., Oct. 2. Guests will receive complimentary bus transportation from Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport to join the cruise. Guests should not drive to Port Everglades to join the ship. Guests will receive a 30% refund of cruise fare and a $100 per person onboard credit.

FANTASY:

The 3 Day cruise that departed on Sept. 23 is now expected to return to Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) on Mon., Sept. 27. Guests will be provided bus transportation back to Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport.

The 4 Day cruise scheduled to depart on Sun., Sept. 26 has changed to a 3 Day cruise departing on Mon., Sept. 27 visiting Nassau. This cruise will now depart from Port Everglades (Ft. Lauderdale) and return to Port Canaveral on Thur., Sept. 30. Guests will receive complimentary bus transportation from Port Canaveral and the Orlando airport to join the cruise. Guests should not drive to Port Everglades to join the ship. Guests will receive a 25% refund of cruise fare and a $100 per person onboard credit.

For guests that purchased independent air (not from Carnival) and sail on these new itineraries, we will reimburse up to $100 per person in costs related to air arrangement changes.

Please check this page periodically for itinerary change updates. You can also call 1-800-CARNIVAL or email booking related questions to hurricane@carnival.com. Please include your name and booking number in your email.

Message Boards Moderator