Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:40 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey
Default Best way and time to change dining times

Hello -
I believe that we have been assigned the second main seating dining, which is what we asked for but now want to change it (I know, i know...this one is all my fault since I requested it)...
BUT, I was under the impression that formal nights (the only time we plan on using the dining room) were on the sea days and now I am informed that I was wrong about that and eating at 6:15 seems very early after a day of exploring.
So, my question is: if we are indeed scheduled for this time, how might I go about changing it? When is the best time and place to do this? What are my chances of actually getting it changed?

Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:48 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Best way and time to change dining times

I believe you would see the Maitre' d after boarding. I have heard that the "late" seating is the most popular and often a waiting list.
Of course appproach the maitre d' with politness and manners that if he would be so kind... seems to be the best approach in the world.
If you do get successful request I am not sure or not to slip a tip of gratuity after you have dined at new time, (I read this on another post but they were referring to a new table assignment. Hope this is a starting point for you to learn from, I am sure others may have more tips.
Old September 24th, 2004, 12:51 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Best way and time to change dining times

Carey,

On my last two cruises, formal nights were always on "sea days". You can call Carnival and they should be able to tell you what nights will be formal nights. But 6:15 sounds like an early seating time. The late seating is generally 8:00 or 8:30.

We are going with late seating on our next cruise because we found we were always rushed to get back from our excursions and get ready to eat.

If you want to change, you need to go straight to the Maitre'D when you get on the ship and he should be able to change it for you.

Carnival Valor - January 2005

Carnival Victory - 2000
Carnival Legend - 2002