Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2004, 05:20 AM
Alan & Karen

Default Storing valuables

Can anyone tell me if the staterooms on Victory have safes. If not where do you keep your valuables such as passports, money etc?
I am travelling on 11-07 Western Caribbean from the UK and am worried about carrying my passport on shore excursions or leaving it in my room.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2004, 09:32 AM
sls

Default Re: Storing valuables

If you aren't a U.S. citizen they keep your passport when you board.

All the Carnival ships have safes of some kind. The newer ones use a magnetic strip to close them. The older ones you program a numerical code.

sls
Old September 25th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Kelly/David

Default Re: Re: Storing valuables

so, if you ARE a US citizen, what do you do with them when you go to port?

Thanks, not sailing until 4/10/2005, Kelly
Old September 25th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Admiral

We leave our passorts in the safe once on the ship. They take your picture when getting on the ship to activate your Sail and Sign card. The S&S card is used in ports to get on and off the ship, your picture popping up on the screen each time. Personally we prefer the numerical coded safes because then either person can get into the safe. If you swipe a card you have to use the same card to open it.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 25th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

We too just leave our passports, air tickets, cash, etc. in the safe and just take out what we need that day.

Message Boards Moderator
Old September 25th, 2004, 07:50 PM
jamiegunter

All you need is your sail and sign card, some ports do require a picture ID also to get back into the ship area. They want to make sure its you. They have safes, they are not huge but big enough for wallet, jewelry etc.
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Just got back fron being on the Victory, and they do have safes in the cabin. The one we had you needed a card w/a magnetic strip. I used my work id. As for getting back on the ship, we went to Canada and a picture id was needed to get back into the ship terminal before they{the govt}allowed you to board the ship. On the ship they just put your Sign and Sail card in the machine to view your picture. With the heightend security especially going outside the USA ,Its only natural you would need to travel w/a picture ID if you leave the ship. The cruise director did stress this many times when talks and anoncements were made about going ashore. If you dont {take a picture id} when you leave the ship ,the cruise ship really cant help you if you have problems-its a goverment thing.

JC
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:18 PM
Captain

We are from Canada and each time we have been on a Carnival Cruise they have taken our passports at check-in and returned them only at the end of the cruise. At most of the ports a photo ID and our S&S card was plenty to reboard. In Mexico they gave us photocopies of our passports which we always have with us anyway. We leave one photocopy home and carry a spare copy with us.
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Passenger

I always carry a copy of the front page of my passport. As a US citizen, I leave the original in the room safe. Sometimes they do ask for a picture ID to reboard but not always.
Norma