Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2004, 08:32 AM
M Harkies

Default online booking for shore excursions

I heard a rumor that Carnival was setting up to allow the booking of shore excursions online. I know of a number of lines offer this and was surprised Carnival was behind the times. Sailing the Legend in Feb 2005 and would like to book some excursions ahead of time. Does anyone have any further info?
Sponsored Links
Old September 25th, 2004, 12:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: online booking for shore excursions

I totally agree to preplan and not rely on the telelvision menu of what is sold out or not to determine your fate of what excursions one can go on! Planning ahead and enjoying the "journey" is half the fun. Carnival should add that as a feature, and if a port is changed allow for refunds of prebooked excursions.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old September 25th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Admiral

Yes Carnival has been working on pre-booking for quite some time now. It is a very extensive software program and they are making sure there are no glitches before making it avaiable. It should be out before the end of the year from what I have been told but those involved with it. There WILL be pre-booking for the shore excursions for the Liberty. That I have been assured of.
Jim

Old September 27th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Csh39

Regarding booking on-ship....I know if the weather is overcast or gloomy, I don't want to book a beach excursion. I would rather wait 'til I know what the conditions are. So there ARE good points about waiting.
I suppose it would be great to book a "rain or shine" type excursion, though......
Old September 27th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Whiteknight

Well, I'll believe it when I see it. That rumor has been floating around for over a year now from reliable sources.