Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2004, 08:46 AM
hb

Default Carnival Conquest - New Orleans - Oct. 10 - 17

My husband and I are going on this cruise but now understand that Grand Cayman will not be a port we will stop at due to hurricane damage. Does anyone know what other port we will stop at? hb
Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Conquest - New Orleans - Oct. 10 - 17

Some of the alternate stops have been Pregresso, Cozumel, and Cancun..you will have to ck their website before you sail and if there is a change it will be posted. Hope you enjoy the Conquest as we are going in Dec.

Old September 26th, 2004, 10:17 PM
clayb

We're sailing Oct 3 and Carnival is telling us that we will stop at Cayman as planned. I have heard from numerous sources that Cayman is NO WHERE READY for tourists!
I checked Carnival's website today and there was no info on the Conquest sailing. I guess they wait until you get on the ship and then tell you that they're not sailing to Grand Cayman and you will get a $25 per cabin credit. I wish they would go ahead and temporarily go to Playa del Carmen. I really enjoy that area and try to go to Xcaret when I can. That would be such a good alternative, or maybe Key West... Not Progresso. I didn't care for that port. I will enjoy the cruise anyway just to get away.

I figure that if they told everybode that we were DEFINITELY NOT going to Cayman, more people would cancel, although I'm not even sure that would be allowed since the terms of the ticket indicate that Carnival can change any and all of the ports as necessary.

Anyway, I can't wait... SIX MORE DAYS!

Enjoy..!
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:25 AM
Cruise Maniac

hb,
Don't believe any rumors you hear about that. We are going October 10th also. I believe we all also live very close to you if by your ISP address you are using Guntersville Charter Internet. Small world.
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:31 PM
ALAN SCHMIDT

When I talked to Carnival Yesterday they said the executives had not made a decision yet about Grand Cayman. Please let me know if you hear anything offical. I hope they will replace the port with something else. Hope to see you on baord and meet. Write back soon. Alan & Tersita Schmidt
Old September 28th, 2004, 11:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Carnival Conquest - New Orleans - Oct. 10 - 17

This is a double post but it fits here too so here it is:

I got an e-mail from Captain Marvin's saying that they've been told it will be the end of October or beginning of November before cruise ships are accepted.

bummer...

I just hope Carnival has had enough time to substitute another port. With so much advance notice, you'd think they would.

And I don't appreciate Carnival lying and saying that there are no itinerary changes. I'd feel better if they said they didn't know or it was TBA, but to flat out say to us that there are no changes??? It's disingenuous and disappointing. (Don't get me wrong - I know we're going to have a blast wherever we go!)

Old September 28th, 2004, 12:42 PM
FUN_AT_SEA

lets Party

Old September 28th, 2004, 12:44 PM
FUN_AT_SEA

we'll be there Lets PARTY

Old September 28th, 2004, 12:46 PM
FUN_AT_SEA

oops.

Old September 28th, 2004, 01:36 PM
Admiral

Lori,
Sorry your trip won't be what you ordered but maybe give Carnival the benefit of the doubt. They didn't or don't want to change intineraries until the very last moment. Maybe they were hopeful too, that they would stop in GC. It's still days away, miracles to happen. But look at it this way, you're on vacation, you're on a cruise, party time! ENJOY

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

<<<Sorry your trip won't be what you ordered but maybe give Carnival the benefit of the doubt. They didn't or don't want to change intineraries until the very last moment. Maybe they were hopeful too, that they would stop in GC. It's still days away, miracles to happen. But look at it this way, you're on vacation, you're on a cruise, party time! ENJOY
>>>

I did say "I know we're going to have a blast wherever we go," and that's true. In another thread I posted that on Saturday a Carnival rep told us that she had just spoken to "service" and Grand Cayman gave clearance for ships to port there and that Sunday's Conquest sailing would make the stop. Also Carnival's website gave no itinerary changes for the Conquest and when you call, they say no changes. I know it's not Carnival's fault that Ivan picked Cayman as his target and if the ship can't go there, it can't go there - so be it. The part that bothers me is Carnival's lies. I don't even expect a lot of advance notice - I understand they don't want people cancelling. But don't lie about no itinerary changes when there will be nearly 3000 passengers who will say otherwise.

OK, rant over. Back to PRE-VACATION EXCITEMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!!

Old September 29th, 2004, 07:23 AM
KN

WHOOOOOOOOOOO LOri I agree with ya...only 10 more days till we leave for NO.....WOW I am Excited YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Passenger

Well, I hate to tell you but surprise surprise. Carnival lied. They are not stopping in Grand Cayman this week. They waited until everyone was getting on the boat and sprung it on them, in the form of a letter while you were in line, that they would not be stopping in Grand Cayman but would have an extra sea day.

They have had weeks now to rework itineraries to give a third port stop or an extended stay at a port and haven't bothered to do this. They are telling everyone that they will make all their stops and then turning around and screwing you at the dock when you don't have a choice. They have been saying Grand Cayman is a definite stop for our cruise this weekend and it is obvious that it will not be.

What they want to do is keep you on the boat an extra day so you have to spend more money on them than on what you originally signed up for. I am sure that I will still have fun on the cruise, but I signed up for a three port stop, not a two port stop. With weeks of time to set this up and they haven't bothered it really is ticking me off that they not only lie to you about your itinerary when you call them, but that they haven't even bothered to try and change the inineraries at all.

Even the Cayman's government says it will be November before they feel they will be up and running for the ships again.
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to millerdeb

I'm on the Conquest 10/17/2004 and while I'd like to visit Grand Cayman...having an extra day a sea won't bother me a bit. I'm on vacation, anywhere but home and work is good.

Old September 30th, 2004, 02:19 AM
FUN_at_SEA

I'm with millerdeb an extra day on board is a great way to spend a vacation. and if all you people that don't like what carnival is doing then just don't go . we are looking for people that want to have fun not ***** about problems . lets just Party.
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to millerdeb
Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Conquest - New Orleans - Oct. 10 - 17

AMEN Funatsea

Conquest 10/17/04