Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 26th, 2004, 08:18 AM
Beginner

Default How do they do it?

On my last cruise some of the passengers were discussing the diffierent prices that that paid for the same cruise with same type cabin. Can anyone tell me how they find the ABSOLUTE lowest price?

Sponsored Links
Old September 26th, 2004, 09:43 AM
First Mate

Default Re: How do they do it?

Probably shop around every possible place. And book way in advance.? Not sure, but I've heard the same thing many times.

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old September 26th, 2004, 10:22 AM
Admiral

Default Re: How do they do it?

Shopping around but always remember that the 'lowest' price is not always the 'best' price. In addition you have to understand the nature of the human beast. Often they want to do the one upmanship and yes that even includes lying about how much they paid. Whenever I see someone who is bragging about how they only paid $500pp for their cruise when everyone else paid $700 or more I love to act shocked and say I don't understand why they paid so much as we got on for only $250pp and have a suite! <> Really, the best way to book a cruise is to shop around and book through a reputable agency, of which there are many, make sure you get an agent that suits your needs and is willing to work with and for you. Then pay for the cruise and forget about what anyone else paid. You were happy with the amount you paid when you booked so why worry about if anyone paid more or less than you and let it bother your cruise.
Jim

Old September 26th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Terri Ann

Default Re: Re: How do they do it?

Jim,

I agree with you on this subject... Last cruise I was relaxing in a lounge with a good drink and a fellow passenger sat down and was just bragging how they got such a "deal" when they booked,(didn't know this person from Adam.) I listened to his rant and then I rolled my eyes and told him that was I was sorry, we were complimentary guests of the captain and had the best accomadations on the ship...ha.. ha.. ha.. works every time.. he left in a huff and my son was laughing so hard he had tears rolling down his cheeks!!! It probably wasn't very nice of me, but I don't care like you say, I was there for me and my son. I put this in the same category when nosy coworkers want to compare salaries.. no way!! Terri Ann

VALOR 01/02/05 97 DAYS TIL I SAIL AWAY!!!!