Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Staci Davidson

Default need help regarding glory

I am so confused!!! My husband & I sailed on the Triumph last Sept. and had a wonderful time! In May, 2005, we are taking both our parents on a cruise, and of course, we want it to be wonderful for them also. Our plans are still tentative, but we are leaning towards the Glory. Because the Glory is a newer and bigger ship, I thought it would be better. But I keep getting mixed signals and read alot of negative reviews. Is the Victory or Triumph better? Is the Glory alot bigger and better than Triumph? Also, is the Victory as nice as the Triumph? Thanks for any help!!!
Sponsored Links
Old September 27th, 2004, 10:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: need help regarding glory

Staci,

Bottom line: I've been on Glory and Victory and liked the Glory just a bit better although both were wonderful ships and I would do both of them again today. You can read a full review of my cruise here:

http://www.anthonyandlexie.com/NewsBlog.asp?ID=28

Let me know if you have questions.

Valor Westside!
Old September 27th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Admiral

Triumph is 101,509 tons, Glory is 110,000 tons.

I've just sent a review of the Glory to the CM readers reviews - it should be up within a few days.

We loved the Glory and I can't imagine why you wouldn't. It's a beautiful ship. Read reviews with a grain of salt. There is *always* somone who hates the ship and someone who loves it.

You can look at some recent pics of the Glory (week before last) in the Photo gallery under the "interactive features" section of the message board. I have 2 galleries (Dorothy - Eastern Caribbean Glory pics) and my son has one (Duct Tape Pro Pics). You'll love either ship, I'm sure, but we thought the Glory was wonderful.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:01 AM
Staci Davidson

Default Re: Re: need help regarding glory

Thank you so much for your help and the pics were great!!! Looks like you all had an awesome time!
Old September 27th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Staci Davidson

Default Re: Re: need help regarding glory

Hello Dorothy. Thank you for writing. Actually I did see your pics and even emailed some to my parents & my husbands parents-they were great, thank you. I guess I just needed some reassurance. I guess you are right, everyone is always going to have some sort of gripe, huh? Thanks again for your advice & pics!
Old September 27th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Admiral

Staci, you asked several questions re/ the Victory, Triumph and Glory. I have been on both the Victory and Glory.
The Triumph is the oldest of the three, entering service in 1999, followed by the Victory in 2000 and the Glory in 2003.

Per Cruise Travel there is not a lot of difference in the size of the ships with the Victory
showing 101,672 tons and carrying 2640 passengers, followed by the Triumph being very slightly larger with 102,353 tons carrying 2758 passengers. The Glory is a little larger at 110,000 tons and 2974 passengers. They are all large ships and the difference in size is not enough to matter.

Having been on the Victory and Glory, I personally prefer the Glory but that is just me. Week in and week out these ships take a beating with thousands of people coming and going. I certainly do not mean to say that the Victory and Triumph are worn but as the Glory is only a year old, that may be something to consider. I'm certain you would enjoy any of the three, especially the Glory.
Maybe this will help.
Old September 28th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Staci Davidson

Ron,
Thanks for your advice. I feel much more confident in the Glory. It helps to hear someone's opinion who have been on the Truimp or Victory, and who has also been on the Glory. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks again!