Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2004, 09:09 AM
sunnymom02

Default Conquest Shore Excursions

We are going on the Conquest in April 2005 (not for a while ) and I was wondering what are some of the best shore tours. We are going to Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. I know it is important to schedule your shore tours right a way.
What are some of the popular beaches to "relax" on too! Would like to do a variety of shore tours like relaxing on beach one day, snorkeling one day etc. Any info would be appreciated Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:12 PM
sunnymom02

Default Re: Conquest Shore Excursions

:
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Passenger

I would have to recommend the Stingray tour in Grand Cayman. We booked with Captain Marvins and had a great time....it is an amazing experience...don't miss it no matter whom you book with. Montego Bay I can't recommend any tour...If I had it to do again I would stay on the ship...it was kinda scary.
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:48 PM
susus

Barrett Adventures (Errol & Carolyn) have great tours in Jamaica...You will be safe with them.
Old September 30th, 2004, 08:29 PM
sunnymom02

Do both of these tours have web sites? If so, please let me know what they are. Thanks
Old September 30th, 2004, 10:25 PM
Passenger

captainmarvins.com
Old October 7th, 2004, 02:33 AM
Rebeca M.

Which date in April?
I just booked April 10--17. Can hardly wait!!
Old October 7th, 2004, 07:01 AM
First Mate

WE just returned from the sailing on the 27th Sept. In Jamaica we took a cab $4.00 each way per person to Doctors cave beach. You will be in walking distance to shops from there it is $5.00 per person at the beach you may come and go as you please.
I went to the Caymans last year and did the stingray city snokle and swim. We also went to 7 mile beach It was very beautiful.
In Cozmel we did the Fista party beach. it is 55.00 person. it is a 3 1/2 hour tour. they take you to a beautiful beach where you can parasail or snorkle ,swim, rent peddal boats they have a trampoline like thing in the ocean to play on and a large climbing rock. all drinks are free from the boat while on boat and at the beach they have free drinks also. We had a blast you can book these from the ship as soon as you get on board viva your tv in room. Some of our group did the dolphim swim and said it was great. I always try to book from Carnival because if your tour is late they will wait for you. We left a couple im Montego bay and 1 in Cozmel because they missed the ship.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old October 7th, 2004, 09:15 AM
sunnymom02

Rebeca- We are on from April 3-10. I can't wait either.

themomtk- thanks for the info At mobay, you just took a taxi to the Beach? Is it safe to take a taxi? And the shopping is not too far a way? That is pretty much all we want to do there. Heard too many horror stories. The Carinval tours in mobay really did not appeal to me but we want to do something (and be safe) Did you have anyone "bugging" you at the beach seeing as how you have to pay?

When you took the Stingray tour last year, did you book it through the ship or on your own. Also, when you went to 7mile beach, did you just take a taxi and have them drop you off anywhere on 7mile beach? We were thinking of doing stingray and then going to the beach for the rest of the day, so just wondering I really don't want to miss the ship! Thanks

Sunnymom

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:56 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Conquest Shore Excursions

We just returned from the Conquest. In MoBay, my husband took the ATV tour and the kids and I went horse back riding (both booked through the ship). My husband enjoyed the ATV tour but it wasnt fast enough for him. He is used to riding 4 wheelers and likes to go fast. He did say the view and things he saw were neat. The horse back riding was fun, but once again a little too tame for me. I used to have horses and enjoy more than walking. Riding in the ocean with them was fun (probably 5 minutes of that). We also took a taxi to Dr Caves Beach for about 2 hours. The taxi (he actually had a small van) took us there fromt he cruise terminal ( make sure it is JUTA) and the we arranged with him to pick us up at a certain time and he was there. All the taxi drivers are congregating right outside the entrance to Dr, Caves beach and it is a little intimidating, so it was nice to say we have a ride arranged with "Sugar" and they all knew him and told him we were ready and he pulled his van up. I think it was 5$ pp.
We had planned maybe to go to Sunset Beach Resort, but since we only had the afternoon we decided we didnt need an all inclusive. I hear that Sunset Beach Resort is nice and our taxi driver pointed it out to us. You can see it from the cruise ships. It is $20 pp for adults and 10$ pp for kids and includes food, drinks, and use of non motorized water toys.
On dr. caves beach, you had the occasional person coming up to you to sell something, but they were not aggressive.