Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:12 PM
patticake

Default stingray sandbar excursion

Help me please, as i need to get a ny input on this excursion. i have been given names, such as captain marvin, bryan, and naturway tours. i havefound captain marvins website and gotten the info. has anyone actually been with him and how was it? did price compare to others, did you take the two and one half tour or half day.? we have five adults and four kids ages 5 through 12.

i cannot find out how to get hold of bryan whoever he is. anyone know of him? tell me about his tour.

naturways website is not available rightnow. anyone know of this one. and anything about them.?

also heard about buccaneer tour. this sounds like a very nice one. it seems to be a large pirate type of ship with food service and bar and i am sure much more expensive.

some people tell me it is more fun to go on smaller boat not holding lots and lots of people.

other choice, the carnival tours which really do not sound so bad. i know the boat is bigger and more people and i know it will be more expensive. did anyone enjoy this one and what did it include. what do most of you do about eating when on these excursions? with four kids with us, you know the first thing is i have to go to the bathroom and i am hungry and thirsty. thanks patticake
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2004, 12:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: stingray sandbar excursion

Patticake, it's not Naturways - it's Nativeways and I highly recommend them!! they were exceptionally helpful when i emailed with questions and Eldon meets you right at the dock. He takes you to the boat where two other guides take you out for the day (about 2.5-3 hours). t hey bring you right back to dock. they were extremely professional and highly entertaining. I loved it - highlight of my trip. you can email them from their websit and ask any questions. they were great and you don't have to give a credit card up front - pay when you get there. wish i was going again.
Old September 28th, 2004, 01:50 PM
elationismyship

Do not miss the stringray sandbar excursion whomever you book with - I've been on 8 cruises to many islands and many, many tours - this was by far the most amazing thing I've ever seen. Do not miss it!
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:29 PM
LJW

I too have taken this excursion with Nativeway Watersports and highly recommend it. It is a great tour and they are very professional!!
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:42 PM
Yeoman

Pattiecake,
I would go with Nativeway. As meantioned several times, they are good, and very professional.If you go through Carnival on the ship, book early. Being a top rated excursion, it will book up very quickly.

Happy cruising;
david
Old September 28th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Bubbles

We really love Captain Bryans and have tried both of his Catamaran trips, the Hannibal and the Buccaneer. You can find both on Grand Cayman Cruise Excursions website

http://www.grandcaymancruiseexcursio...Excursions.htm for info on them. We also have gone on a motor boat with Captain Marvins, it was nice too but the catamarans are special, really comfortable and the Captain Bryans staff are so great. We even had a dvd from the trip, we asked them and they provided a video-ographer the day of the trip and I'd say almost 1/2 the people on our catamaran got it its was excellent!!!
Old September 29th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Cruise Maniac

What's the Nativeway website address? I'd love to book this excursion!

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:38 PM
Passenger

We used Captain Marvins and had a wonderful time. Everything was right on time, free rum punch, personalized service. I believe most of the tours offer the same things, including a somewhat expensive video available taken above and below the water of your entire tour.
Old September 29th, 2004, 10:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

we chose Carnival's excursion. We went to Hell, the Turtle Farm, and then the Stingray excursion. Yes, it was more expensive, but it was our first cruise and we didn't want to be worrrying about anything else. we had a great time...
Old September 30th, 2004, 07:32 AM
Admiral

we used Captain Marvin and loved it! We were on a small boat which was great we went to 2 sites one was mainly snorkeling and the other was the Sting Ray Sandbar which is amazing. Being on a smaller boat we could get in closer as opposed to those big "cattle" boats which had to anchor out further. We had a great dive master who was helpful to those who were a little leary of snorkeling and the rays. I had this huge male swim right thru my legs! It was amazing, it felt like a feather tickling me.
Old September 30th, 2004, 10:12 AM
browezilla

Also consider Soto Cruises. Search the RCCL forum for my id or Soto. I took 22 people on them and it was EXCELLENT.
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:55 PM
First Mate

Sorry to say that cruise ships will not be returning to Cayman Islands for some time now due to the hurricanes.
Old September 30th, 2004, 04:25 PM
patticake

Pnorth, you are right. i talked to a lady from captain marvins staff on wed. and she said the island is r;uined with hardly any running water or electricity. she said there will be no cruise ships there for at least four to six weeks. what a shame. patticake