Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 11th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: any body been on the Carnival Miracle

It's nice to hear that everyone enjoyed the Miracle. My turn will come in four months, and I can't wait. Did anyone go to Nick and Nora's for dinner? If so, would you happen to have the menu? I've been trying to find out what the menu is for them, and have had no luck. The only thing I've been able to find out is that the food is GOOD !!!
Old October 12th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: any body been on the Carnival Miracle

Well, I am jealous, I want to see my cabin! Hey, I got Carnival to e-mail an excursion list that includes all the prices. I edited it and put it into a word doc, lemme know if you want it. It is about 16 pages long though.

Carnival Miracle
Old October 12th, 2004, 08:32 AM
deborah grimes

How wonderful! Yes please send me a copy. My e-mail is travelnut43@bellsouth.net.
if you need anything else let me know. I'll see you on the boat! I like your dacing girls!!!!
Thats us! 54 days.
Old October 12th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Passenger

Ok, I sent it! And we will be dancing for sure!!! You need a little fun thing in your signature too!!!
Old October 12th, 2004, 03:28 PM
deborah grimes

Thanks I will check my e-mail next. I'm just learning how to do the internet thing, so I don't know how to do the signature thing, but will love to learn. My sister helps me when I'm in a jam. I will let you know if I got the e-mail. See ya in 7 and a half weeks.
Old October 12th, 2004, 08:46 PM
svalso

Just got back from the Glory on 10/9 and John Heald the CD mentioned that the Stingrays were gone from Stingray City due to the hurricanes coming through. Hope they come back before you sail!
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:25 PM
deborah grimes

svalso I hope so tooooooo. I heard on a nother sight that a few has came back. They hope the others will find their way home. I hope they wont bite sense they haven't been feed in a while! What do you think?
Double Dee I got and printed your last 2 e-mails , Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! I also e-mailed you back. (I'm getting the hang of these e-mail stuff. HAHA)

Dec.5th cruise time.
Old October 13th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Passenger

Oh No! I sure hope those stingrays come back. How did that cruise director know that? Just reports from people in the Caymans via phone? I assume the ship didnt stop there?

Glad you got the e-mails Deborah!

Carnival Miracle
Old October 13th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to yakyakyak3

Double Dee,
Keep in mind I was a cruise virgin when I went on this trip from Baltimore. It was a celebration of landmark birthdays for my sister and I. We couldn't go to Freeport cos they said it was too devastated to go - "nothing to see", so they put in Port Canaveral instead. That was a disappointing development to me, but I must say the trip to Lone Cabbage Airboat Adventure was well worth it, and eased some of the sting. In Nassau, the Blue Lagoon snorkeling was cancelled due to bad weather, and we went to Atoll Island to do it instead. In hindsight (20/20!) I'd go to the Blue Lagoon for the sights and other activities and do the snorkeling another time or in Key West if I had advance knowledge. Key West was beautiful; take the Conch train on your own for a few dollars less than the ship offers and 30 minutes longer tour. The train station also gave us coupons for local merchants and we used at least three of them. I'd love to party on Duval Street after sunset; we left the port before then Diamonds International there also got a good chunk of change out of us, but the deals were hard to resist!! Even if you never set foot on land, the ship itself is the highlight of the vacation in my opinion. There's so much to see and do, and the shops have so much to offer also. The cruise director is very entertaining and informative. I strongly advise novices to go to his port talks or at least watch the reruns of them from your stateroom...it's fun to watch some of the shows you may have missed from there too if you're waiting for cabin mates to get showered! I hope I'll be blessed to do this again...and again and again!! Not asking too much is it?
Old October 13th, 2004, 03:51 PM
deborah grimes

Double Dee did Carnival give your group a cocktail party when you board the ship? What incentives did they give your group? Did the last 4 people get on the ship?
We got a cocktail party and $50.00 each cabin ship credit. Did you book though Carnival or a TA. I book though AAA. 53 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!
Old October 13th, 2004, 03:55 PM
deborah grimes

I should have asked everyone that went with a group on Carnival what incentives did they give your group? Like to hear from everyone! Thanks
Old October 13th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Passenger

We didn't get a darned thing from Carnival I booked through Carnival simply because I won a 4 day cruise playing Bingo on my last cruise and then just paid to upgrade it to a 7 day. Most of the rest of the group booked with an agent, and the other 4 are still waiting Let us know when to come to your cocktail party, tell them you will be expecting 20 other guests too! hehehehe

Carnival Miracle
Old October 13th, 2004, 09:44 PM
deborah grimes

Ya I'll let you know .How would they know that you don't belong? It is so many people they can't possibly know. Do you know if the other people in your group book as a group? If so they may be going to this party. My brother-in-law won a little over $2,000 dollars on his first cruise. THe GALAXY (I think that how it's spelled) playing bingo the last night of the cruise. He paid for his and wife cruise. Y es they will be with our group and their 2 kids. (17, 21 years old). I just finalized ower BELIZE caving tour.That is the only trip most of the group will do together. The rest they will use the ship tours if they wont.
53 days and counting down! Have a good evening!!
Old October 14th, 2004, 05:39 PM
bjkeen

Pat,
Good to hear that you are ok. Everyone (most everyone) in my area faired well after the hurricane(s).

Deborah Grimes
This adventure on the first sailing out of Tampa will be the final chapter to my cruise book.
Old October 14th, 2004, 05:40 PM
bjkeen

Deborah,
I'll write a review just for you.
Old October 14th, 2004, 06:46 PM
deborah grimes

bjkeen THANK YOU! I can't wait to hear from you.Why would this be the final chapter of your cruise book. You wont be saling anymore? You can't do that. Make sure you e-mail that review to my e-mail address travelnut43@bellsouth.net. Thats so I wont mess a thing! Are you from Tampa? We have cousins in Plant City. They said they just got their lights about 2 weeks ago, but no damage to their place. What sail date are you on?

52 days to wait. I not know if I can!
Old October 15th, 2004, 08:55 PM
First Mate

Deborah and Double Dee, Hope you two have a wonderful time. Take good care of the ship as I will be sailing on her the day of your return, Dec 12. Getting anxious to sail. Have a blast.

Marty
Old October 16th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Passenger

I want to see that review too! Can you post it?

Carnival Miracle
Old October 16th, 2004, 10:52 AM
deborah grimes

Marty we will have a great time. We will be waving sadly at you as we get off. I hope you have a good trip. I wish I had a lap top so I could post live from the ship. I would not wont to go to the internet cafe, that would be taking away from other things. Have you got your room assignment yet? Make sure you write us and let us know how your trip was, and we will do the same.! 7 weeks,(50 days)
Old October 18th, 2004, 02:44 PM
deborah grimes

Double dee havn't heard from you in a will. Just checking on you. see you in 48 days!!!!
Old October 18th, 2004, 05:56 PM
bjkeen

Deborah,
I am a Florida native. I work in Plant City. Whose your cousin?

I have been writing a book about preparing to take a cruise for years. I have written preparation advice for new cruisers and reviews each time I have cruised. I've helped so many people over the years my dh says probably no one will purchase the book.

No, it's not my final cruise.

I have a group who wants to go on the Liberty - Eastern Caribbean group cruise for May 28, 2006. We are waiting for prices.
Old October 18th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Passenger

Hey Deborah! I am still here! We had a pre-cruise planning party on Satuday and it was great fun! We talked about what we plan to do on each stop, now it's up to me to find the best deals and prices so we don't have to book through the ship! I also got our crew ready to play some North vs South Volleyball!

Carnival Miracle
Old October 18th, 2004, 09:42 PM
deborah grimes

Bjkeen, David Palmer Thats my cuz that lives in Plant City. They will meet us at the HoJo on Dec.4th. Sense you live in Plant City , do you know anything about the Howard Johnson on 2055 n. DAle Marbry Hwy? I have not heard to much about it, what I have heard was not to good! We are only staying 1 night. They are letting our cars stay there will we cruise. They said the cars will be safe. Let me know if you heard anything. This kind of stuff may help in your book. I would be willing to buy the book with this kind of info in it. Will your group sail from Tampa?

Double Dee I can't wait for ours!!! (preparty) I have the info you sent ready for them to look at. Most just wont to do the cave tour,(I have booked that) Reg tours. My hubby wont to do a fishing tour but I don't know how many men really wont to do that . That vollyball game will be fun. My hubby will be cooking a pig for our party. People wait in line for his Bar-b-Q. This is a family tradition. Wish you could be here! See ya in47 days.
Old October 19th, 2004, 05:54 PM
bjkeen

Deborah,
N. Dale Mabry is where the strip clubs are at. Dale Mabry is a main hwy. in Tampa.

I am still going to cruise, just finishing my book finally........
Old October 20th, 2004, 05:40 AM
bjkeen

Deborah,
Dale Mabry is a major hwy. in Tampa. Howard Johnson is on the strip. There are many different types of business along the strip including strip clubs. I don't know if it is a good hotel or not.
Old October 20th, 2004, 11:49 AM
Passenger

DBeborah, I am on my way for your pig! My mouth is watering already. We all plan to do tubing in Belize too! We can chase each other. We haven't chosen which company yet though!
Old October 20th, 2004, 06:18 PM
bjkeen

Deborah,
Yes, we are sailing from Tampa.
Old October 21st, 2004, 08:28 AM
deborah grimes

bjkeen thanks for the in fo. Well Sounds like the HoJo we will be at is in not to good of an area, But I think my son and couple of his cuz ,that will be with us might like the area?!?! It will be for 1 night only so I will livw with it. I hope all the cars will be okay. Thats what we have insurance for . One more thing bjkeen we will have my hubby's mom with us, she is on med. oxygen and we are having a hard time finding a place that delivers oxygen to the ship we have called some places but no luck, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Double Dee come on down I'll pick you up at the airport! We will be glad to have you. I promise the pig is worth it. I talk to regtours he said everyone just about goes to the same place to do the cave tour. I just like the way the man talk I guest thats why I pick them. I already got one of my phone bills where I talk to them 18 min. $57.60. I'm waiting on the other call I made. I could have already paid for 1 person for this tour. Thats the price you pay to have fun I guess. Look them up They have really nice pictures on their sight. What thing have your group decided to do? Have you book anything yet? 45 days until we sail!
Old October 21st, 2004, 12:22 PM
Passenger

My husband and two other couples are on this cruise in Dec. We are traveling from Ohio and can't wait to sail. This is our4/5th cruise and are planning a Med cruise in 2006. I say 4/5 because we did two cruises (one 3 day and one 4 day) back to back out of Miami two years ago. Did all CCL ( Destiny & Ecstacy) and one RCCL which was the first. Big difference in them. CCL is the FUN ship. My hubby prefers RCCL. I could care less, I just like to cruise.
Old October 21st, 2004, 12:33 PM
Passenger

Nanc, are you guys on our sailing on December 5th? I would love to go on a Med. Cruise! Hopefully my hubby will like this trip so much, I can con him into more!

Deborah, we figured since you guys booked with Reggie, there wouldnt be room for all of us. SO we have contacted a couple other outfits and are awating their reply. Our guys may do the fishing in Costa Maya if any of your guys (or ladies) are interested.

Carnival Miracle