Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 28th, 2004, 02:12 PM
deborah grimes

Default any body been on the Carnival Miracle

Has any body been on the Carnival Miracle? How was it? There is about 28 of us going
in December 5,2004, some of us has cruised before some not but all of us can't wait until then. We will be leaving from Tampa. Will anyone be sailing the Miracle on the same day ? Would love to hear from you.
Sponsored Links
Old September 28th, 2004, 03:11 PM
taxmanhbr

Default Re: any body been on the Carnival Miracle

I sailed on the Miracle for my first cruise ever on July 10, 2004. (7 day to the Bahamas from NYC.) I had a great time and thought it was a great ship. Are there some things I would change - of course., But nothing so major that it ruined my vacation.
Go and Have a great time.

Happy Cruising
Old September 28th, 2004, 10:17 PM
deborah grimes

Thank you taxmanhbr. I have seen a lot of pictures on other sites they look really nice.
Was there any thing that you liked the best or seen that we might like to do or see?
Celebration -- 10/90
Carnival Triumph -- 12/01
Carnival Miracle --12/04
Old September 29th, 2004, 06:45 AM
evie

Default Re: Re: any body been on the Carnival Miracle

Was on the Miracle which sailed out of Baltimore this past May. This was our first Carnival cruise and I was a little apprehensive about going with Carnival. Well the Miracle made a Carnival believer out of me. The ship is very easy to get around. The decor is fabulous (even the purple/pink grapes in the dining room). The staff was great the food was good the entertainment was excellent. WE enjoyed the Miracle so much we booked another Carnival cruise on the Triumph for this December.

Hope to sail on the Miracle again some day. You will enjoy the Miracle.
Old September 29th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Missy Roberts

I will be on that Cruise with you in December.
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Cruise Maniac

DItto to evie. My wife and I also sailed on the Miracle out of Baltimore in May. And it was our first cruise. Our Cruise Director, Todd Whittmer transfered to another ship, but I understand that Big Tex and Karl with a "K" is still there.

And yes, you might need sunglasses in the Baccus dinning room....the purple grapes are alitte much. But, for the most part I was enjoying the fabulous food and table mates the actually pay that much attention to the decor.
Old September 29th, 2004, 04:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Same here for all the above. I was on the Miracle in April. The service was EXCELLENT! I really enjoyed all the amenities on board too. There were plenty of places to go on the ship and lots of activities for everyone.

Don't waste all your time at the art auction. It takes HOURS and is not worth missing all the other activities for.

I also posted a review on this website.

Have fun!

5/27/10 Carnival Dream
4/5/10 Carnival Insipiration
5/8/09 Carnival Glory
11/6/04 [Carnival] Celebration
4/17/04 Carnival Miracle
2/2001 Carnival Fantasy

11/13/95 Big Red Boat
Old September 29th, 2004, 09:38 PM
deborah grimes

Thanks all that replyed. It sounds that we will have a good time, and Missy we will have to go parasail in Costa Maya together. I know it is a bit pricie but you may never have the chance again. Thanks again everyone!!! I would still like to hear if anyone else will be on the same cruise with Missy and I ????
CARNIVAL MIRACLE ------ 12/05/04
Old September 30th, 2004, 09:30 AM
Passenger

Oh no! You have a bigger group than us! We are a group of 21 (if the 4 on the waiting list make it on ok!) Where are you from?
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:16 PM
Captain

I was on the Miracle in April out of Jacksonville. She is a glorious ship. You should have an awesome time!
Old October 1st, 2004, 06:28 PM
deborah grimes

Hey Double Dee! All of us except 5 people are from Charleston, SC. It is a bunch of family and friends. From 2 years old too 70 years of age. Some have sailed before but alot has not. We can't wait to take the ones that has never been on a cruise. Where are you from and will you sail on the same cruise we are on in Dec. 5, 2004? Have you been on a cruise before? and if so wich ones? I will watch out for those grapes!
Celebration -- 11/1990
Carnival Triumph -- 12/2001
Carnival Miracle -- 12/05/2004 (ya)
Old October 2nd, 2004, 07:50 AM
bjkeen

I'm going on the first sailing out of Tampa.

Have a great cruise!
Old October 2nd, 2004, 08:15 AM
Passenger

I will watch out for those grapes!

What does this mean, Deborah? hehehee

We are a group of mostly 30 somethings, mostly couples, all friends since college. We will be on your same ship! We are from Minnesota and like to have a good time (most of us are getting vacations from the kids!) I have cruised 3 times (with Carnival to the Caribbean) and I think much of the group has, but not everyone. I am so excited I can hardly wait! I heard there is about 120 cabins reserved for some group of firefighters/EMS/ police. Do you know anything about that? We have 4 people on the waiting list that need to get on that ship!!! You may find us in the piano bar getting crazy when they sing Piano Man!
Old October 3rd, 2004, 09:47 AM
deborah grimes

Double Dee your group has grown! We will have to meet . Missy Roberts(My sister) she is crazier then me would love to meet you,.(if you would like) WE like to meet people from difiant places. Has it gotten cool yet in Minnesota? We are having 80 degree weather here, and a lot of rain from the hurricanes that has come our way.
We have early setting for dinner, How about yall? Have you gotten your room asssignment yet? Some of our group picked their rooms, some didn't so they are waiting for that to come in. I will be in room 4172 if you like to meet. The only tour most of us really wont to do is cave tour in Belize. The men has talked about a fishing tour in Cozmel. So many choices we can't decide. Write back love to here from you! Or e-mail me at travelnut43@bellsouth.net. Waiting for Dec. 5. We have been waithing since JUNE,2003. TOOOOOOOO LONGE.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:27 AM
deborah grimes

I'm sorry I can't spell. TOOOOOOOOOOO LONG. Thats it.
Old October 3rd, 2004, 10:54 AM
Cruise Maniac

First sailing out of Tampa Nov 7th group of 44. Counting the days!!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 3rd, 2004, 11:54 AM
deborah grimes

Gottacruise hope you enjoy your first cruise! Please write us when you get back on how it was. We love hearing for people that has cruise the Miracle and what they did.
Have a good time. Take plenty of pictures to show us!
CRUISING MIRACLE--- DEC/ 05/04
Old October 4th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Passenger

Hey Deborah! I am not sure you understood, our group hasn't grown, we have 17 people with 4 on the waiting list for someone to cancel. But we are all mostly in our 30's. We would love for our group to grow to 21 though and then all of our friends would be there. I would love to meet up sometime! Maybe we can arrange a little volleyball north versus the south on one of our sea days? hehehe I know we will be aroud the shuffleboard a lot! Some of us also have our room assignments, but I don't know them off hand. We are sort of all over the ship I think. We didn't book until March of this year and there wasn't a lot left. I I know I am on the level that has a limited view balcony and some of the group is one level higher. think the cave tubing looks like so much fun! We are having a pre-cruise planning party this Saturday to see who wants to do what, so hopefully we will have a bunch wanting to do that too! I know my hubby wants to fish as well, has your group looked at who they will be booking with for fishing trips yet? Do you think we will be going Grand Cayman? I know some of us are interested in Stingray City there. And yes, it is very cold in Minnesota now! I think it was 30 degrees when I got up this morning! Yikes! Well, we have what like 61 days and counting??? Yippee!!!!
Old October 4th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Mike H

Default Re: Re: Re: any body been on the Carnival Miracle

Hi, also sailing on the Miracle on November 7th. Six of us from Maryland. Can't wait!!!
Old October 4th, 2004, 09:49 PM
deborah grimes

Hi Mike H, Bikeen, Luv2cruise. Sounds to me you 3 will be on the same cruise. Let us know if GC is open to ships when you get back. I will love to hear from you all on how you enjoyed your selves, and what you did! Maybe it is something we would like to do.

Double Dee I like volleyball. We may have to get a game together!!!!!!!! Most of us is in our 30's to 40's but we may be up to the challenge. Our group is also all over the ship.
most though book balcony cabins. We love the pools, that where most of us will be at.
Having a pre-cruise party sounds fun. That is a good idea. We are having a big Halloween party and thats when we will talk about it. I do hope that Grand Cayman will be open. The kids wont to do the stingray tour. I think that will be cool myself. We will drive down on Saturday the 4th. We will stay at a HoJo in Tampa. They will take us to the port on Sunday and they will let our cars stay in their lot. They will also pick us up after the cruise. That will be a help to us. But I heard the Hojo is not a very upkept one, but the cars will be safe. I said for only 1 night I can make do. It is only $68.00 so I can't fuss to much. Will your group fly down the day of the cruise? THE COUNT DOWN HAS BEGUN. 61 DAYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! WRITE ME BACK! WE WILL HAVE TO MEET EACH OTHER.
Old October 4th, 2004, 10:03 PM
Passenger

hi there! i am also going december 5. 2004. i hope to see you there maybe! we all can't wait until we go.
Old October 5th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Passenger

To you folks going in November, I wonder if you might be so kind to save a copy of the excursion lists and daily capers....maybe you could post, mail or fax it when you get back?? Thanks in advance!

Hi Redhead! Glad you will be sailing with us! Where you from? Do you have a group or a couple or what?

Deborah, we are flying down the day of. We are all leaving our kids behind with granparents, so mostly we couldn't take the extra night. But $68 sounds like an awesome deal when it includes transport and parking! Wow! What ages of kids do you have travelling? (Our pre cruise planning party is before the Halloween party too! Everyone going on the cruise is coming a few hours early. ) I forgot to answer you before we also have the early seating for dinner. Are you booking your cave tour with the ship?
Old October 9th, 2004, 12:03 PM
deborah grimes

HI ALL. i'M with Double Dee the people that is cruisng in Nov. Please save us a copy of the excursions with prices and the daily capers. We would love to see them. I have seen the capers from Jacksonville cruise but they went to different places then we are giong.
Double Dee that redhead is my doughter. The kids ages are from 2,3,8,12,13,17,21,22 up. The 8 and 12 years olds are missy's two, they cruises before. The 22 year old is my son he went with us on the last cruise. Redhead is 25 years old she was suppose to go with us last cruise but was pregnant and had some problems, so she did not go , but she is ready to cruise this trip. All grandparents are going no one to leave the kids with. The last cruise my sister's kids went they where sooooooooooooo goooooooood and fun to be with we could not leave them home. They loved camp Carnival, they did not wont to leave.
We all have early seating. we will have most of the dinning room with both oru groups. (at lest half anyway) I printed up the menu that Carnival has, it all looks good can't wait.
We will see you in 57 days.
O ya we will book the cave tour from regtours.com Their price is $55.00 aperson, but you got to have a group of 4 people or more.
Old October 10th, 2004, 08:52 AM
LEtue

Gottacruise and MikeH ~

I am also on the November 7 sailing with a group of friends from work. We booked wa back in March 2003 and it has been a long wait! It's almost here though!

We're all from the Clearwater/St Petersburg area. Is there a roll call for this sailing? It would be nice to chat more before we sail.

Linda
Old October 10th, 2004, 09:03 AM
Cruise Maniac

Roll call it is!!!!!!!!!!

Old October 10th, 2004, 12:08 PM
deborah grimes

Letue, Mike H,and Gottacuise may I ask what is Roll call??????? I'm sailing Dec 5th with a big group do we need to do something with this Roll call ? I have not heard of this or just not paying any attention to what this means! Please explain. Thanks.
Would love to hear from you 3 after the cruise and tell me all about it. What I should do and don't waste my time and money on. Then tell me about the food and shows.
Will be waiting to hear from (yall.) YES I'm from the SOUTH. Charleston, SC.
HAVE A GOOD DAY!!!!!!!!!!!
Old October 11th, 2004, 02:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to yakyakyak3

Just back from the Miracle sailing of October 3. Totally awesome and cruise director Mark is terrific. The decor is really beautiful and it gleams! Be forewarned, only one caveat; the coffee stinks! Our waiters Henry and Ana were the highlight of our day.
Old October 11th, 2004, 04:19 PM
Passenger

Hey Yak Yak. where did ya go? Do have a little trip report to share? I would love to hear more!!

Carnival Miracle
Old October 11th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Eve

Hi everyone! I cruised Miracle on 7/31 and it was amazing! It was my first cruise and I couldn't have asked for more! Deborah - the cabin you have on the ship was the cabin i had stayed in on my cruise! My whole family and I had a wonderful time and i'm sure you will too! Happy Cruising!

Eve
Old October 11th, 2004, 08:47 PM
deborah grimes

Eve thats great! Now do you wont to share some pictures of (our) cabin and the boat?
What did you like best about the ship? Tell me more, more,and more.I'm so excited. I just got my booking number from my TA. Yes I already fill my FUNPASS out. The waiting is killing me. I know I'm acting like a frist time cruiser but this is the first time both my hubby's family and my family has vacation together. 55 days and counting! What do you think Double Dee?