Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2004, 10:40 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Screwed by Carnival

themomtk....Thanks so much for the information!! We've been wondering how they've worked not going to Grand Cayman since I was under the impression we've paid for the port charge already. This is the best news I've heard so far! I don't mind the extra day at sea but didn't know whether an extra hour or two at the remaining two ports was an equitable exchange for the port charge. My husband is looking at the extra day at sea as a savings....no excursion fee! Thanks again for the info!
Old October 8th, 2004, 11:08 AM
kay cook

Default Re: Re: Screwed by Carnival

Would be interested in seeing how your trip on the Carnival Pride is. I am planning on going in April 2005; haven't booked yet so would like to know what you thought of it. Thanks.
Old October 8th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Cruisingrandma

Default Re: Screwed by Carnival

We were on the Pride last April. It is a beautiful ship. We had a wonderful time. You will be cruising when the Hurricane season is not happening. so you should have a fine trip. We don't cruise in Hurricane season becasue I dont want to miss any of my stops. So i pay the amount and have a happier cruise. happy cruising...
Old October 9th, 2004, 12:07 PM
glrounds

Default Re: Re: Screwed by Carnival

themomtk,

I just got off the LEGEND out of NYC which didn't go anywhere near Grand Cayman, but many crew members thought even January would be too soon. They "predicted" March or April before the port stop will provide anything.

The island was completely devastated.

Gary