Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 30th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default ANOTHER tipping question

i tried to do a search on this board for my question, but couldn't pull anything up. sorry if it's a repeat quesiton that's been answered 1,000 times!

i haven't sailed in 2 years. since the last time i cruised i understand that Carnival does prepaid gratuities now through your sail and sign. this seems like it's alot easier for most folks, but i've always enjoyed leaving a personal note for each waiter/room steward etc. with a little something extra for them in their tip envelopes. sometimes i've even bought them a special thank you card in port to leave with their tips. how do i go about not having these charges put on my card so that i can tip them personally? or does this look bad to have it taken off?

Old September 30th, 2004, 11:49 AM
taxmanhbr

Default Re: ANOTHER tipping question

You can go to the pursers station and have the tips removed when you get on the ship, or you can do what I did which was leave the tips on the sign and sail card and the give an envelope to the staff at the of the cruise with something extra in it
Old September 30th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Yeoman

Thats what I did also taxman. We kept the tips on our sail & sign card, and gave alittle extra to the person's that we thought did and exceptional job.

Happy cruising to all;
david
Old September 30th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Admiral

you can adjust the amount or have it removed totally. We have it removed from our account, we feel that tips should be earned and not automatic. We use the cruise lines fiqures as a guideline, a place to start, if we felt that someone gave us exceptional service we will add to that amount. I like to hand those envelopes out personally, i think that your wait team and your room steward really appreciate that fact that you took the extra time to do that.
Old September 30th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

thanks for all of the advice from everyone!! much appreciated.