Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 4th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Christi

Default Forward balconies????

My cabin on the Pride is WAY up forward practically on top of the Captains bridge . We have an extended balcony on port side. I have always been mid-ship, never forward. Does anyone have any opinions about the difference in motion b/t the two? I would appreciate your advice.

cq
Sponsored Links
Old October 4th, 2004, 06:58 PM
sunnymom02

Default Re: Forward balconies????

We were in the forward part of the ship for our first cruise. We were on the Upper deck
(deck 3)Ocean view on the Sensation. I could tell the movement a little bit more up there some of the time. But it was not bad tho. This was our first cruise too, so I have nothing to compare it too We will be midship and have a balcony with our next cruise. It seemed like you could hear the waves crashing into the ship at times, but I think that we were down lower than you will be? Anyway, I would not be too worried

Sunnymom02

Sensation 2/2003
Conquest 4/2005
Old October 5th, 2004, 05:28 AM
James&Rob

Default Re: Forward balconies????

Hello Christi
We were 6 cabins from the front of the ship in a balcony cabin on the caribbean Princess and I couldnt really tell much diffference there I have cruised quit a few times and been in different places front back or foward aft center up high and down low the only time i could really tell the difference if we hit rough water it does seem you can feel it a little more foward if the motion doesnt bother you you will be fine actually I like a cabin foward my last 2 cruises I requested foward good luck and hope this help James
Old October 5th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Christi

Default Re: Re: Forward balconies????

James,

Thanks for the info. Why do you like a forward cabin??? We have a port side cabin this time also, which I didnt want. I like starboard side....but, I'm still thrilled with the deal we got and I hear the Pride is beautiful.

Christi Q.