Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 5th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Flying into Orlando

Best way to get to Port Canaveral,and any ideas on hotels near Port Canaveral.
Sponsored Links
Old October 5th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy
Default Re: Flying into Orlando

Brent:

We stayed overnight in Orlando and then hired a limo company to take us to Port Canaveral. I used Legacy Limo and was very happy with them. We're a family of 6 so it was cheaper for us to do that than to go on a bus. I've heard others have used Art's Shuttle and Mears Transporation. I used Mears when we went to Disney and they were fine. The only thing I didn't like about Mears was we had to wait for the bus to fill up before they left. In Orlando we stayed at Sierra Suites, again as we are a large family. Great place and location. We at Cattleman's Restaurant and my husband said it was the best steak he ever had. Hope this helps.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old October 5th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Yeoman

I was researching that a few months ago myself. I found out that alot of people rent a car a drive to the port or a closer motel. Its to my understanding, that the port is about 45 minutes away from the airport. It was suggested to me to stay at the Raddisson Resort area. There are a more motel choices there to choose from too. There is a rental car agency there at the port to turn in your rental car too.
There are several cruisemates on here that has sailed from that port many times, and they can give you some good advice to make your trip easier.
Hope you have sunny skies and a great cruise.

Happy sailing;
david
Old October 6th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Staci Davidson

Hello. I am cruising next May-flying into Orlando the day before the cruise. We have already booked our hotel in Port Canaveral. We just figured it would be easier on the day of the cruise to already be there (we are flying in on Friday, cruising out on Saturday). We are staying at the Days Inn Oceanfront Cocoa Beach. I have also researched taxi's/rental cars, etc. and have found that if there are several people, it's just about as cheap to rent a limo. Also, from the hotel we are staying, there is a shuttle that will take you from the hotel on the morning of the cruise to the port for $3.00/person. The hotel is about 3 miles from the port.
Hope this helps.
Old October 6th, 2004, 10:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Since we are arriving a day early we are renting a car. We feel that this will be the best way as we can move about if we want to do anything or see anything. There is a drop off near the port that will drop us off at the pier. We have also arranged to pick up a car at the port that we will return to the airport as we are staying over a couple days after the cruise.

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:58 PM
First Mate

The two times we've cruised out of P.C. we stayed in Orlando not too far from the airport - using their shuttle system. Headed back to the airport the day of the cruise and took the shuttle the ship offers. They start filling busses fairly early in the morning. We got there around 9:30 and the first bus had just left...it only took another 10 or 15 minutes to get enough people in the second bus to allow it to leave as well. The bus people take care of your luggage...in fact if you decide to take the bus make sure you have what you want to carry on the ship with you IN the bus...everything they put underneath you won't see again until it arrives at your cabin.
Old October 7th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi sandy,

Which car company did you rent from,and how did you do it.
Old October 7th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Admiral

We use Budget this past August and the return is located across the street from the port. We returned the car around 9:30 am and arrived at 9:45 am at the port. First ones there and NO hassles or crowds with hotel shuttles like the year before when we stayed at the Radisson. We stayed at the Hampton Inn just 3 miles down on A1A and had a nice view of the ocean and could walk there anytime. Very close to everything. Having a car we went to WalMart and bought our soda and water for our carry on. We even stopped by the post office to get stamps for postcards. They charge an extra fee on board or in port. Have a great time.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302