Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Last minute questions about the Fantasy

Ok, only a few more days and I will be on my first cruise ever. I am beyond excited and just do not know what to do or think as time is going slowly and yet so fast.

I have a couple of last minute questions:

Do they have sushi on board?
What is the first thing we should do after boarding?
We are in a Cat 12 stateroom, what, if any thing can we expect?
My parents like quiet spaces, where, other then their balcony, would be a great place for them to just sit and enjoy the quietness of the ocean?
Myself, I like livelier things, but am extremely shy, any ideas as to the best places for me?
Does the ship enter every port the same way or what?

While I have read lots and lots of the posts here since we started planning this cruise and have gathered lots of wonderful bits of advice, information and ideas, I want more, call me greedy.

Thanks to all the wonderful persons on this board for all of the posts that you have shared, it means so much to those of use that are new to cruising.

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Last minute questions about the Fantasy

Ok, another quick question. When my parents recieved their documents for their cruise last year it told them their table assignment. Upon reviewing the documents for our upcoming cruise, we do not see this information. We requested early seating and when we were filling out our fun pass noticed that it was not so I called and made this correction (this was a month or so before we recieved our documents) should we be concerned about this?

Or is my father just remembering incorrectly in his excitement of the upcoming cruise what happened on his first cruise?

Thanks for the help.

Candy

1st Cruise Fantasy 2004
Old October 8th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

I dont recall seeing our table seating on our docs we didnt see them until we got our sail and sign card and it was printed on the cards.

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:12 PM
Admiral

We sailed the Fantasy back in April. The first thing you will notice when boarding is the beautiful atrium.. you enter on the Empress Deck and that is where the pursers desk is and the piano bar. You want a quiet place to drink your coffee in the morning and late at night, go to the Lido deck aft. Behind the Windows of the Sea buffet, on either side, there is an exit out to a small balcony(covered). There are appox 7-8 tables and you are looking at the wake of the ship and it is a very relaxing and quite place early and late.
We were never bothered by anyone except those looking for the same thing.
Basicaly, the Fantasy is a wonderful ship. The crew were all very friendly and if they still have the same CD(Matt)then you will have a blast. I would sail her again if I ever get the chance. Hope that helps out.

Old October 8th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Admiral

Do they have sushi on board?
Yes - on the promenade deck

What is the first thing we should do after boarding?
Order a drink! And oftentimes, you can check to see if your room is ready. If not, you can at least drop off your carry on bag, then head to the lido for lunch or to the deck for sail away.

We are in a Cat 12 stateroom, what, if any thing can we expect?
Don't know, but I bet it will be wonderful!

My parents like quiet spaces, where, other then their balcony, would be a great place for them to just sit and enjoy the quietness of the ocean?
What Big John said about the little space on the lido behind window on the sea

Myself, I like livelier things, but am extremely shy, any ideas as to the best places for me?
Any of the onboard activities.

Does the ship enter every port the same way or what?
Not sure what you mean by this...

Have a great time! We loved the Fantasy.

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old October 8th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Tom45

I also like the hang out in quiet places i,v never had any trouble finding a spot i like on any ship, you may have to drag a deck chair to some odd place , but most peeps hang out around pools so the rest of the ship is free.
Also a lot of time during the day the lounges/bars are empty but you can still go in , they make a great place to read or sit and talk.
one hint, take a few mins now and then to study the ship deck plans before cruise you will be able to get around better, i,v been on cruises and seen peeps on the last day of the cruise not able to find there dining room.

Have a Great Cruise, Tom
Old October 8th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Passenger

We were on the Fantasy in march for our first cruise and had a blast.First thing to do is order a drink or two and check out the ship.We also really enjoyed the spot at the back of the ship behind Windodws on the Sea Grill.Very quiet and relaxing.We were there every night.Have a great time!!