Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2004, 11:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Facorite Cruise Drink Recipes Wanted!

OK...thought I'd throw a post out here for anyone who'd want to contribute ideas for mixed drinks on a cruise.

A group of us will be sailing on the Valor in January and are looking for drink ideas.
Not sure what , if any alcohol to pack and decided to get some input from those of you who have cruised before and maybe have a favorite drink recipe to share?
Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2004, 08:11 PM
jbo

Default Re: Facorite Cruise Drink Recipes Wanted!

Hello
Will be on Valor Jan2
bringing 1 gal scotch I hope???
When are you going??
KY.
Old November 18th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Conquest last month with a large group... a group of drinkers, mind you. Many of us brought alcohol on (please nobody start the discussion again of whether that's ok or not!!! fact is many people do it whether right or wrong), but not much of it was consumed. We ended up leaving two full bottles (which is all we brought) for our cabin steward, who was anxious to try Malibu rum. =)

Anyway, the point is, unless you're a BIG drinker or you're planning on spending a lot of time in your cabin, the logistics of mixing and drinking your own stuff just doesn't work that well, in my opinion. And the drinks on the ship, while they can definitely add up, aren't any more expensive than at your local bar or restaurant (and they're so yummy!).

I could see having a drink in the cabin before dinner... so if you brought rum or vodka, you could mix it with the free lemonade and fruit punch, or buy a can or bottle of coke.

Just my experience. Hope it helps some.

Have a blast!!!

~Lori
Old November 18th, 2004, 05:46 PM
Yeoman

colleen

i like to take 3 or 4 bottles of asti ( any brand ) and mix it too taste with orange juice. room service will bring you pitchers of the juice so it really is a good and cheap drink. i just fill up my mug with a tight lid and take it with me where i want to go on the ship.