Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 7th, 2004, 04:23 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Ship Credits?

Is there anywhere to purchase credits or vouchers to use on board a carnival ship?
Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to riwehr
Default Re: Carnival Ship Credits?

You can purchase drink & bar coupons on carnival.com

Carnival Ecstasy

Old October 8th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Cruise Maniac

You can buy Funship dollars and use those on board too.
Old October 8th, 2004, 10:31 AM
Cruise Maniac

Don't bother with the funship dollars, kind of a hassel. What you could do instead is prepay on board credit, which is the same thing as funship dollars. I did the Funship Dollars for my last cruise and it would have been easier to just do the credit thing. Coupons for drinks are availble through the Carnival website, but not too much of a savings. It is a great gift for someone going on a cruise though.
Old October 10th, 2004, 12:19 AM
CindyK

My sister was given funship dollars as a gift and simply took them to the purser's desk and applied them to her S&S account.
We have booked again for Pride in April and I plan on doing this for myself.
We bought the drink cards last cruise and found that we simply didn't drink as much as we thought we would.
Old October 10th, 2004, 01:41 PM
Jim Hardenbrook

I have been on three Carnival cruises. You can purchase drink coupons that will save you having to give your waiter your sail-and-sign card. You can purchase them just like you do to buy flowers in you room. On line or call carnival up.

When you check in you will give carnival cash or a credit card that they will use to bill you when you use your sail-and-sign card on board the ship. Most shops will only take your sail-and-sign card rather than cash.

When you arrive you can credit you on-board account with cash and then spend this with your sail-and-sign card or just have it billed to your credit card.
Old October 11th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Passenger

Thanks for hte info. What is the price for an average drink and beer on board? How do the prices compare to the drink coupon prices?
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:53 AM
First Mate

Send a message via ICQ to Cynda

We're just home from 7 day on Conquest Great trip...but the drink cards were overpriced. We paid 38$ a piece, and didn't drink that many soft drinks.
Old October 15th, 2004, 10:19 PM
chefkel22

kroche22:

Sailed Sensation this past April. Fountain cards depend on the number of days you are sailing. We were a 5 day and our soda cards were less than $30. When you figure it is $2.50 plus for a bottle of soda each time. It can add up if you are a soft drink lover.

As for alcohol, a bottle of beer was anywhere from $3.50 and up plus tip. A daquari was $4.95 plus tip. Really not bad compared to what you pay on land.

Everyday there is a drink of the day. It is served in a Carnival glass (plastic on Sensation) to keep. These were $5.95/$6.95 a day. You keep the glass and refills were like 1/2 the original cost.

Hope this helps. Enjoy.