CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Annouces Future for Carnival Liberty! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/200126-carnival-annouces-future-carnival-liberty.html)

CruiseISLife October 7th, 2004 07:03 PM

Carnival Annouces Future for Carnival Liberty!

Port Everglades in Ft. Lauderdale will be the new year-round homeport for CARNIVAL LIBERTY.

Three types of cruises will be offered, 6-days to Freeport, Grand Cayman and Cozumel ..... and 8-days to the Eastern and Western Caribbean. Eastern Caribbean cruises will call at San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, and Nassau. Western Caribbean cruises will call at Limon, Colon, and Cozumel.

Personally I think the Eastern route looks like a winner!

6-day cruises will depart on Sunday with a Saturday return. 8-day cruises will be just the opposite.

Rates will start at $499 for 6-day departures, and $599 for 8-day departures.

3FOB5Paradise October 8th, 2004 05:21 PM

Re: Carnival Annouces Future for Carnival Liberty!

kinda crazy....
I LOVE IT!
I can't wait.....convenient for the 6 day, great itinerary for the 8.

Post Edited (10-08-04 18:31)

3FOB5Paradise October 9th, 2004 08:10 AM

EVEN BETTER!
the 8 day western has a 2/18/06 sail date, that is my birthday!
Good prices (would you believe cat. 11 is less than the cat 9a?)
might book that soon, with only a 600 deposit and final payment not due for a year and two months......

Whiteknight October 9th, 2004 12:36 PM

Not a bad itinerary for the 8 day eastern caribbean cruise, but they still haven't figured out that getting to San Juan in the evening(5 pm) is a major waste of a port, unless you want to shop, gamble, dance, or kayak in the dark. There are so many great things to do in San Juan, if you could only get there early in the day. Too bad.

cruisintom October 11th, 2004 02:39 PM

i am sailing on the liberty october 24, 2005 for a total of 16 days,,,woo hooo. from rome and letting off in fort lauderdale,,is anyone else scheduled on this sailing please let me know,,i know we have met about 50 or so people all over the USA thats going,,get on with us,,,

Jim Bragg October 11th, 2004 03:45 PM

There is a Cruisemates Cruise scheduled for the Trans-Atlantic so there will be a number of Cruisemates onboard.
Jim

Deanna October 11th, 2004 05:19 PM

Any plans for another ship to come to New York? It was great having the Miracle---and I know the Legend is here too. Deanna

3FOB5Paradise October 11th, 2004 05:34 PM

In my opinion, too many ships going to NYC :)
The Triumph and Legend will do their summer in NYC next year. Miracle is doing year round out of Tampa now.

Deanna October 11th, 2004 10:12 PM

Too many out of NY?? Seems Florida has too much---More Caribbean routes should be offered in my opinion. Deanna

bjkeen October 12th, 2004 05:57 PM

I would like to read your reviews when you return. I was planning my next group cruise to be on the Glory, but the Liberty sounds so good it may be worth the drive to Ft. Lauderdale.

Tweety October 12th, 2004 06:59 PM

Tommy,

We are on Liberty Transatlantic with a great group of Cruisemates. I heard yesterday that the ship is sold out. Guess everyone had the same idea, 16 wonderful days with 10 sea days. Can't beat that.

Rickmurg October 13th, 2004 10:05 AM

We are so going to book the Jan-7, 2006 Eastern Caribbean out of FLL. We are pumped already. Nice 8 day venue for sure.

If any of you have questions about this ship or itinerarys you can call my friend, Cynthia at 1-800-819-3902 ext 82589. She is a rep for Carnival and has been there a long time. She is the most helpful person.

Just thought I'd pass it on.

Rick

aileenw October 13th, 2004 03:04 PM

we are planning the 2/4/06 sailing. Been to these ports this past summer on the Destiny when we got bumped due to the Hurricanes. Liberty is a sister ship of the Glory. We were on the 4th sailing in August 2003. Great Ship, planning this cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary which is 12/05. Cant wait. This will be our 7th cruise.

bjkeen October 15th, 2004 10:29 PM

I have received a flyer with rates for January 2006. To bad I can't cruise then due to kids in school, the rates are much better than when I can cruise (prime time).

Lizzy October 15th, 2004 10:43 PM

Re: Re: Carnival Annouces Future for Carnival Liberty!

I know. Isn't it a bummer we can't cruise during the school year (except for holidays)?