Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Terri H

Default Checking in

Does anyone have any idea of what time my husband and I will actually be able to board our ship? Our documents states that we leave port at 4pm and I think we can start boarding per our documents @ noon or 1 I think, but we will be boarding a ship that will not have people exiting. We will be on the first trip on the Holiday out of Mobile, so I was thinking if no one has to get off maybe we can get on extra early. Also with this being the first trip out of Mobile there may be alot of confusion and I would sure like to get on before all that starts.

Thanks
Terri
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2004, 01:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Checking in

From feedback two weeks ago it took my friends three hours to check and get on the Carnival ship, and line was massive
Old October 8th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to JULIEB
Default Re: Re: Checking in

Terri, hope yall have a wonderful trip. Be sure & bring the ship back so I can get on when you are getting off. I know it will be great for you.

Old October 8th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Major typos above, earliest boarding you will have is 10am, with no-one coming off. But I would expect more like 11am. It will take at least 3-4 hours to board the ships passengers, so when you turn up will determine your time in the line, but no matter when you turn up. Expect at least 1.5 hours in line, unless you sleep at the desk <g>

David
Old October 11th, 2004, 05:21 PM
bjkeen

I always arrive a little earlier than the paperwork states to drop off my luggage and park. After that I go inside to check in.

I fill out as much of the paperwork in advance as I can. I did a fun pass this time so I will see if it helps. Check in doesn't take long if you have all of your paperwork filled out prior to entering the port.

Make sure you remember your cruise documents and passport or raised seal birth certificate.
Old October 11th, 2004, 05:31 PM
eyelean

Default Re: Re: Checking in

I was on the Holiday a few weeks ago on the cruise-to-nowhere. It said that boarding was at 2:00 p.m. and there were no passenger exiting the ship. We got there at 11:30 and was on the ship by noon. We put our luggage in our room and were eating at the buffet by 12:15. Hope your check-in will be that easy. Probably it will be a little longer since it is new to Mobile. I usually put all of my paperwork in a large ziploc bag and pull it our when I get to the check-in counter. Bring a printed copy of the deck plans so you can study where things are before you get on the ship. You might be sitting in rows of chairs for a while until it is your time to board. Have fun!!!!!!!!!