Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 8th, 2004, 06:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to branflakes1991 Send a message via Yahoo to branflakes1991
Default on the verge of crying

I am mad and sad. The derally employed women of the D.C. Metro region are going on my cruise booked for the 23rd of October. I figure it's a large group, and my mom says if its over 200 people, she will cancel our cruise and demand full refund. I am REALLY excited about this cruise, and have already arranged it with my school, and we might have to wait LONGER for another cruise. I can't stand it. i have been waiting on this for OVER A YEAR. This is only woman, and we know how we can be bickery, and what about the newlywed game, or men's Hairy chest contest, or playing with kids my age, or guy-watching for both me and my mom. I mean, thats insane! Any advice?

Hopefully on triumph...
Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: on the verge of crying

Let me understand this? ? ? Your mom has something against the group that is going on the ship? You know whatever boat you are on WILL have other people on right?

I hope you get to go!

Old October 8th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to branflakes1991 Send a message via Yahoo to branflakes1991

My mom thinks that theyve basically booked the whole ship, and I emailed them to see how many people are going. A little worried.
Old October 8th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Bran,
I've cruised a few time with large groups as well, no big deal, they do their own thing and not all together, shouldn't make any difference to your cruise one way or the next. I hope you still go, certainly not a good reason to cancel.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 8th, 2004, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Cheer up - if you are 14 days out, your Mom won't be getting a refund "demand" or not....

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old October 8th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Yeoman

Please tell me...if those 200 people had not booked those rooms, does she think they would be empty? I am quite sure those 200 will not be moving around the ship in a huge mass trampling the others. There will be 2000+ on your cruise regardless, and Carnival will still give you fabulous service and an awesome cruise. It would not be much fun to cruise alone now would it?

lesley

Conquest
Glory
Old October 8th, 2004, 09:34 PM
pat brennan

I have read some doozies on this site but this takes it!! Your mother would have more to worry about if it was a group of 14 -17 year old boys taking you. The other messages here are right, there will be no refund for such an asinine reason to cancel. Have fun.
Old October 8th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default thanks you guys

thanks a lot everybody, Im still somewhat worried, but, I dont mind the people, except the little amount of kids(possibly), and it should be fun no matter what. You guys are great!
Triumph!!!!!!!!!
Old October 9th, 2004, 08:22 AM
jamiegunter

The ship holds at least 2000 people probally. Every cruise we have been on has had large groups. They will still have the hairy man contest, there will be plenty of people your age on the ship. Tell your mom not to worry and that you guys will have a great time
Old October 9th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Admiral

I also don't understand the logic behind this type of thinking. Believe me, there are going to be a LOT more than 200 people on the ship! Did your mom think there was going to be less??

Things that make you go hmmm....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old October 9th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Admiral

What is derally employed women?
Old October 9th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Yeoman

i would say that if you can stand the hairy men you can stand the 200 derailed women. there will be that many women on the ship any way whether the are derailed or not so why would it matter. go and have a good time. you might not even run into them anyway. have a great cruise.

Old October 10th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Cruise Maniac

whoopsie, federally employed women. . Ha, forgot 2 words, my mom will just have to get over it, now wont she? :-)
Triumph
Old October 10th, 2004, 12:37 AM
Yeoman

Yes I want to know too, what are derally women?? What kind of a group is this?
How does everyone understand these posts and I don't ? I think it might be a language thing, I have to brush up on " American"

Ps Branflakes why don't you like kids? Did I misread your post, ,it sounded like you said you would mind the kids? Am I confused? Aren't you one( a kid?) ?
Old October 10th, 2004, 01:18 PM
sunnymom02

There was a "group" of people on our Sensation ship back in 2003. I had no idea that there was a whole company cruising together until I happend to see their group picture where you view all of the photos that the ship takes! There will be people of "all kinds" etc. on the ship. I never felt "overcrowded" except maybe by the pool area. So, go and have a great time
Old October 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Passenger

Huh???????
Old October 11th, 2004, 12:29 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

If your mom cancels now she loses every single red cent.........regardless of the reason unless she purchased travel insurance for a COVERED reason. Changing your mind because a "group" might be on board is NOT a covered reason. She is just yanking your chain.

Old October 12th, 2004, 05:25 PM
First Mate

You know.. you will never meet or see all 2000 people on that ship.. If we all stayed home because a certain group of 100 or so people are on our ship that would be ridiculous.. Every ship will contain a certain amount of groups whether its 25 rooms of family members.. cruising..

Travel agents book groups all the time..
I doubt there is any cruise ship sailing out there that didn't have a few hundred people associated with groups..
Singles Groups, Church Groups..Travel agency tour groups.. work groups.. Gay and Lesbian groups.. College Groups.. Senior Groups...and FAMILY AND NEIGHBOR GROUPS..I even know of a group who all are suffering from the same disease.. They will be on a Carnival tour this fall..

Gee CRUISE MATES>> might have a group of 100 on a ship..How would that affect your mother?

But really do you think these woman..will be forming a human chain wherever they go.
How are they going to affect your mothers trip any more or less than the other couple thousand that will be there? They will have get togethers.. and maybe wear cute tshirts or hats..

Tell HER TO TAKE A CHILL PILL.. and HAVE A GREAT TIME>>>

Old October 12th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Cruise Maniac

WELL SPOKEN. Im going to have her read that
triumph
Old October 13th, 2004, 09:41 AM
sls

And just what if wrong with women who work for the U.S. government (aka federally employed women)? Is your mom afraid of a little competition?

sls
Old October 13th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Cruisin_Susan

just got off the sensation, there was 350 kids on board, only time you seen them when they were marching thru singing the camp carnival song. go have a good time. you will have a blast!

Susan
Old October 14th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Cookie

This is just too much for me. I just got off the Carnival Miracle 10/3/04 cruise to the Bahamas. There were plenty of groups. It didn't affect the trip at all. Go and have a good time. I think Mom is trippin' just a little bit. She certainly won't get her money back because she doesn't want to be on the ship with groups. There's groups on every cruise. She's gonna have to deal with that I think!
Old October 14th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Cruise Maniac

ok, you guys, we're back to being mean to me??? I am not joking about his. My mom does not want to cruise with a lot of women, or DID not want to cruise with a bunch of women. She doesn't really care any more. Shes thinking optimistically now and saying that there probably won't be many of them anyways, and I had her read "Mom"'s post and she finally understands. Why do a lot of people think that I am always lying. i am a 12 yr. old girl who a lot of people on this board think is a fake. Trust me, if you wish, that I am 12 yrs. old, and i am telling the truth. I should have titled this differently, yes, i sort of over-exaggerated because i wasnt really about to cry, I was just scared and wanted some input.
Lets end this post, and forget it was ever started, ok, and then we can go back to regular cruise talk, sorry if you see me as a fake, because, you areistaken... there ia also no reason to block me because i havent done anything wrong. Sorry some people feel that way.

Cruisin again in the Caribbean!
Old October 15th, 2004, 01:05 AM
Beginner

Well on the surface it does sound rather petty. But of our 20 cruises the worst was due to a group booking. Almost half the ship was booked by insurance sales people. They won it for being the top and believe me they fit every stereotype of the rude pushy saleman. They were in loud pushy groups everywhere and the rest of us were all complaining about them. By the end of the cruise it was us against them and we began meeting them with equal rudeness. 200 isn't that many, but if it is a large group and depending on the group, it can certainly affect things and now we try to check on whether there are group bookings.

Old October 15th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, she is over-reacting, and it is the women part that she has a problem with.

Triumph
Old October 15th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Admiral

Lets stop with the back-handed remarks people. Read the TOS. Personal attacks are not allowed and this also means those that are implied. Lets be polite and helpful and not finding fault with outs.
Jim

Old October 16th, 2004, 02:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: on the verge of crying

I agree Jim.. Branflakes has to be aware she is talking to adults though.. I think it might be best if she chats about all this within the teen area.

I also wonder if her mother does know that she is chatting on these forums..

Old October 17th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Admiral

I've wondered if her Mother knows, too, MOM. This has happened with Branflakes before. It's hard for a child to post on these boards. You can't SEE the person, so you sometimes don't know you are dealing with a child.

My teenage son ocassionally posts on the adult boards, but mostly he stays with the teen board. Bran, you might want to try the teen board - my guess is you'd be more comfortable there without adults scolding you!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old October 17th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Admiral

While we DO have a board for Teens we also have boards for Gays, Singles, First timers, etc and I would never suggest that they only post there. There is nothing wrong with people posting to any board, especially the cruiseline boards as they are specific to the cruiseline ships. Just because someone is not an adult does not mean you can talk down to them as some have. There are many adults that show less maturity than the kids. Lets just welcome everyone and treat everyone as we ourselves wish to be treated.
Jim