Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Passenger

Default Will it really be too cold???

Taking Carnival Pride in March. I am now hearing that the first two sea days are too cold to go outside or hit the pool. Once we get to the Mexican Riviera ports, it is much warmer.....it's just getting there.

I don't want to waste two days at sea without being able to go outside and enjoy the pools with my kids. Is it really that cold?? We booked a balcony also and now that seems pointless to have if we can't go out on it and soak up some sun.

Anyone been on the Pride and can give me some imput?

Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2004, 11:05 AM
KellySaily

Default Re: Will it really be too cold???

Oooohhh, don't want to be cold that would be a bummer!

Any info out there on what the weather is really like for March for above and April for me. Me, dh, and kids sail 4/10/2005 to W. Carrib and don't want any of it to be cold or even cool.
Happy sailing! Kelly
Old October 12th, 2004, 11:19 AM
First Mate

What about Jan? WHats the weather like then? Someone please help us all out!!!!

Old October 12th, 2004, 11:32 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Will it really be too cold???

I'm glad I'm not the only one panicked about this. I have "feelers" out everywhere trying to get info. Hopefully, we will get more response!

cq
Old October 12th, 2004, 11:47 AM
Passenger

Shelly.... I emailed PVPAM about the weather in January. She said and I quote "Weather in January is gorgeous". The first and the last day at sea will be coldest. I have a balcony and I plan to sit out on it no matter what the weather is. I'm not a pool person but my friend is.....so I don't know what "too cold" may be for the pool.

ciship, and KellySaily ......just remember the mexican riviera in the winter is not as warm as the carribean in the winter. You are looking at the high to mid 70's...maybe low 80's in PV.

Old October 12th, 2004, 02:48 PM
First Mate

Oh well that shouldnt be too bad then. Im ok w/70s since I will be leaving the 30s at that time. Thanks Ramona

Old October 13th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Rickmurg

Call this number and CYnthia will answer. She is a rep for Carnival, the most
helpful folk I have ever dealt with in the cruise business. 1-800-819-3902 Ext. 82589

Rick
Old October 13th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Happy Camper

Post a post for California people. That way they can respond. We went in May on that route out of LA and I had to buy a sweat shirt when I got to LA because it was 50s at night. But during the day we were in shorts - probably 70s... I think it is that way in MArch too. BUT post something saying "California People please help!" Debbie
Old October 13th, 2004, 11:44 AM
Happy Camper

By the way - that is the tail end of Whale season isn't it??? That is an awesome reason to have your own balcony! Have a great time! Debbie
Old October 13th, 2004, 12:11 PM
sandiegosailor

Ok, let me see if I can help?
Southern California can be warm all year round however there are sometimes when we get cold fronts just like everyone else and it can get down right chilly 35 at night and 50 during the day that is about as low as it goes, during the winter at the ocean. But you never know, check with the weather channel as we have had Christmas and New Years days in the 80 and nights in 60. Our motto is layer clothing. Have you ever heard the saying California is the only state where they have frost on the roses. We are going to Mexico on the Pride January 16, I will be bring all kinds of clothing from shorts to jackets rather be safe than sorry, I always over pack anyway.
Bon Voyage!
Old October 13th, 2004, 12:11 PM
Passenger

I am a "California People"......all my life! You really shouldn't going anywhere during the winter and early spring months without some type outer-wear.....except perhaps the Carribean. I'll have a jacket with me in January. However I don't think I'm gonna need it once we get to Mexico.....I always want to be prepared.

Old October 13th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Will it really be too cold???

I am also a native southern Californian, and it is very true that the weather is very hard to judge that time of year. We were on the Pride last March (7th) out of Long Beach, and it was 85 degrees in Long Beach the day we left, however Long Beach tends to be one of the warmer coastal cities in the LA area. The first day at sea was around 70 and it was a little breezy, but did not seem 'cold' to me at all. The second sea day was beautiful and around 75 as we cruised past Cabo on our way to PV. PV, Matzl, and Cabo were perfect around 80. The last day at sea was probably the coolest, somewhere in the mid 60's. The ship is pushing against the current on the way back to Long Beach and the ship is probably moving the fastest of the entire cruise. But the center pool has the wind shield and so even on the coolest day we were able to sit out.
Overall we thought that the weather was great, and it was so nice in all of the ports.

Hope this helps!

-Vikki
Old October 13th, 2004, 06:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Will it really be too cold???

Thanks Vikki and to everyone else for all your info and comments. We will hope for the best and enjoy it regardless.

Vikki, did you enjoy the Pride? How was embarking for you? What time did you get there? What did you do in the ports?

Thanks,
Christi Q.
Old October 13th, 2004, 08:40 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to nurd13

I am a Southern Californian too. Like others have said, weather at that time is a bit unpredictable. Keep in mind that the Pride has one of its pools covered so you can always go there. I doubt the weather will be too bad though.

Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/02
Carnival Spirit Alaska 7/03
Ecstasy Baja Mexico 8/03
Adventure of the Seas Southern Caribbean 12/04
Carnival Pride Mexican Riviera 8/05

Caribbean Travel Tips