CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Refunds (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/200180-carnival-refunds.html)

Paralegal October 12th, 2004 09:36 AM

Carnival Refunds

Does anybody know if you get a partial refund from Carnival, if they send you a check or deposit the money into your checking account if a debit card was used to pay for the cruise? My boyfriend and I sailed on the Triumph on 9/27/04. We were supposed to sail on 9/25/04, but due to Hurricane Jeanne, we ended up leaving a few days late and going to the Western Caribbean instead of the Eastern Caribbean. Carnival gave us $100, per person, shipboard credit and said we will receive 30% refund on our cruise within 2 weeks. If Carnival sends a check, then I do not want to keep checking my account to see if the money was deposited.

aileenw October 12th, 2004 10:14 AM

Re: Carnival Refunds

i would guess you will get a refund on how you paid for it. If you paid by credit/debit card they will most probably refund you that way, if you paid by check, they will send you a check, that is my guess.

Paralegal October 12th, 2004 11:13 AM

Re: Re: Carnival Refunds

Thanks. That sounds pretty logical to me. That is what I thought, but then my boyfriend said last night that might just send a check.

shelco October 12th, 2004 12:33 PM

call them-- I did and they verified how I paid and said they would credit our card. They said they did this last Friday and would take 3 to 5 business days. I figure with yesterday being a bank holday it may take a day longer. We were on Glory the same time as you were on Triumph.

Paralegal October 12th, 2004 02:48 PM

ok thanks. Maybe since you were on the Glory at the same time, they did the same for us on Friday. I will give them until next week. If I do not see a deposit in my checking account, then I will call them

shelco October 12th, 2004 03:14 PM

I told them if they would have refunded us while we were on the ship we could have spent more money and Carnival would have gotten that money back. =) O well, now i can use it for Christmas shopping. =)

lisa9414 October 12th, 2004 04:53 PM

We sailed on the Inspration 9/7/04, two days late. We are still waiting for our refund. Call TA last week and she said Carnival is still processing everyone's refund. I'm going to give the about two more weeks. We are waiting for the refund, so we can book our next cruise!

hunkalove October 12th, 2004 07:08 PM

I was on the Glory at the same time. They said we should get our refund within 6 weeks, which I think is fair considering the amount of refunds, cancellations, etc. that they have had to deal with during all of the hurricanes.
(And 6 weeks would be much better than the 6 MONTHS it took Expedia.com to refund me for wrong hotel reservation several years ago).

CruiseAholic October 13th, 2004 04:54 AM

I got a call from my TA last week saying that she has a refund cheque for me which Carnival sent to her office. We paid for our cruise with a credit card and, like you, I assumed that we would get our refund that way but apparently they are sending cheques.

Rickmurg October 13th, 2004 10:01 AM

I would call this number for help 1-800-819-3902 ext. 82589.

Cynthia is a Carnival rep and is extremely knowledgeable...tell her Rick said to call.

Rick

shelco October 17th, 2004 09:24 PM

anybody seen any refunds yet. I know that I read a post shorlty after Charley I believe where someone said they received theris by they time they got off the ship. Just curious if anyone has seen there's from 9/25 Hurricane Jeanne.

Paralegal October 18th, 2004 07:50 AM

Re: Re: Re: Carnival Refunds

I received my refund on Friday, October 15. I paid for the cruise with my debit card, so they just deposited the money back into my checking account.

hunkalove October 19th, 2004 06:09 PM

I too received my refund on 10/15 as a deposit to my checking account (I had paid for the cruise with my debit card). I'm happy! Now I have the money to make my next reservation :)

shelco October 19th, 2004 07:18 PM

received mine today =)