Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Paralegal
Default Carnival Refunds

Does anybody know if you get a partial refund from Carnival, if they send you a check or deposit the money into your checking account if a debit card was used to pay for the cruise? My boyfriend and I sailed on the Triumph on 9/27/04. We were supposed to sail on 9/25/04, but due to Hurricane Jeanne, we ended up leaving a few days late and going to the Western Caribbean instead of the Eastern Caribbean. Carnival gave us $100, per person, shipboard credit and said we will receive 30% refund on our cruise within 2 weeks. If Carnival sends a check, then I do not want to keep checking my account to see if the money was deposited.
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2004, 10:14 AM
aileenw

Default Re: Carnival Refunds

i would guess you will get a refund on how you paid for it. If you paid by credit/debit card they will most probably refund you that way, if you paid by check, they will send you a check, that is my guess.
Old October 12th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Refunds

Thanks. That sounds pretty logical to me. That is what I thought, but then my boyfriend said last night that might just send a check.
Old October 12th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Passenger

call them-- I did and they verified how I paid and said they would credit our card. They said they did this last Friday and would take 3 to 5 business days. I figure with yesterday being a bank holday it may take a day longer. We were on Glory the same time as you were on Triumph.
Old October 12th, 2004, 02:48 PM
Passenger

ok thanks. Maybe since you were on the Glory at the same time, they did the same for us on Friday. I will give them until next week. If I do not see a deposit in my checking account, then I will call them
Old October 12th, 2004, 03:14 PM
Passenger

I told them if they would have refunded us while we were on the ship we could have spent more money and Carnival would have gotten that money back. =) O well, now i can use it for Christmas shopping. =)
Old October 12th, 2004, 04:53 PM
lisa9414

We sailed on the Inspration 9/7/04, two days late. We are still waiting for our refund. Call TA last week and she said Carnival is still processing everyone's refund. I'm going to give the about two more weeks. We are waiting for the refund, so we can book our next cruise!
Old October 12th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Passenger

I was on the Glory at the same time. They said we should get our refund within 6 weeks, which I think is fair considering the amount of refunds, cancellations, etc. that they have had to deal with during all of the hurricanes.
(And 6 weeks would be much better than the 6 MONTHS it took Expedia.com to refund me for wrong hotel reservation several years ago).

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78
Old October 13th, 2004, 04:54 AM
Admiral

I got a call from my TA last week saying that she has a refund cheque for me which Carnival sent to her office. We paid for our cruise with a credit card and, like you, I assumed that we would get our refund that way but apparently they are sending cheques.
Old October 13th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Rickmurg

I would call this number for help 1-800-819-3902 ext. 82589.

Cynthia is a Carnival rep and is extremely knowledgeable...tell her Rick said to call.

Rick
Old October 17th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Passenger

anybody seen any refunds yet. I know that I read a post shorlty after Charley I believe where someone said they received theris by they time they got off the ship. Just curious if anyone has seen there's from 9/25 Hurricane Jeanne.
Old October 18th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Refunds

I received my refund on Friday, October 15. I paid for the cruise with my debit card, so they just deposited the money back into my checking account.
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Passenger

I too received my refund on 10/15 as a deposit to my checking account (I had paid for the cruise with my debit card). I'm happy! Now I have the money to make my next reservation

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78
Old October 19th, 2004, 07:18 PM
Passenger

received mine today =)