Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 15th, 2004, 01:59 PM
JPatrick3

Default Transportation from MIA

I am leaving for my second cruise in two weeks. Last time I did air and transfers through Carnival. This time I booked my own air. What is my best bet for getting from the airport to the ship (and back)? Is there a shuttle service? Taxi? Any advise is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Transportation from MIA

Are you flying in the day of the cruise? If yes, I think your best value would be to purchase the bus transfer from Carnival. I cruised out of Miami last year, and I think that would be the easiest and cheapest.

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78
Old October 15th, 2004, 06:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi JP,
We actually just get a cab, I think its cheaper, around $20 plus tip and it should only take about 20 - 30 minutes depending on traffic. If you do the cruiseline transfers, you'll be waiting for a bus to fill up and get loaded with all the luggage, just much easier with a cab. There should be plenty there to take you to the pier.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:07 AM
JPatrick3

Thanks for the input. I have one vote for Carnival's shuttle and one for a taxi. Anybody want to be the tie breaker?
Old October 18th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Jean Chigas

I believe if you go to the Carnival rep. at MIA they can get you on the shuttle bus for about $20. I got my transportation thru Carnival (it's a coupon in the doc. booklet for rnd trp transfers on their shuttle bus).

Old October 18th, 2004, 09:21 AM
suzy0420

hop in the cab, its much faster then waiting for the bus to fill and then leave.