CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   ??'s for the experienced cruiser (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/200221-s-experienced-cruiser.html)

AmandaL October 15th, 2004 02:48 PM

??'s for the experienced cruiser

Do I need to take our own soap, shampoo etc...kind of things? I remember hearing that they give you trial size items, but is this enough or should I just plan on taking our own?? Thanks

sdearman October 15th, 2004 02:52 PM

Re: ??'s for the experienced cruiser

They do have trial soaps and shampoo's but on both of the ships I've been on they also have large containers of soap and shampoo in the shower. If you need conditioner you might want to take that.

themomtk October 15th, 2004 03:23 PM

Yes I just returned all you need is conditioner. They have 2 razors, toothpaste, tylenol and a cold medication. So the bulk items you dont really need. I always take anything i think we might need from the medican cabinet. Bandaids for the razor cuts. I'm no to good at doing this in the shower lol.They only fill the goodies the first day they will not refill it during the cruise. I just use my stuff except the soap and shampoo. Then we take the goodies home the last day. if we do not need them druing the cruise.
Have a great anniversary.

hunkalove October 15th, 2004 05:57 PM

Also, if you do forget anything they sell just about anything you need in the gift stores onboard.
On the newer Carnival ships (named "Carnival Destiny", etc vs just "Elation") there are hairdryers in the rooms (either the bathroom or at the vanity in the room).
The showers have shower gel and shampoo.

Ro October 15th, 2004 08:54 PM

I am trying to do an image and its not working

NICKI61 October 15th, 2004 09:30 PM

I was on the Destiny 2/04 and in the shower is a dispenser for soap and shampoo. I didn't have to use anything of my own, except shaving cream.

Nicki

CindyK October 16th, 2004 02:05 AM

One thing I didn't take but wish I had, Leave-in conditioner to take on snorkling excursions, Its very difficuIt to get a comb through their hair without it!

bjkeen October 16th, 2004 06:24 PM

I take my own soap, shampoo & conditioner. The last time I cruised there was several small samples of products like shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom.

hockeyluver October 17th, 2004 12:31 AM

i bring my own just incase of alergy or some bad reaction to the product they use. You never know and dont want to be all blotchy on your cruise

phoebe October 17th, 2004 08:02 AM

When the samples in your cabin run out all you have to do is ask your cabin steward for more. The shampoo and conditioner samples are Physique. There's also Rolaids and Tylenol and a few other items in there.

hockeyluver October 17th, 2004 09:41 AM

I didnt mean the sample packages i meant the stuff in the dispensers.

themomtk October 17th, 2004 11:01 AM

They keep the depensers full. so yes if it would run out just tell room stewart. On Conquest the hair dryer was in top drawer of the vanity. If you do get sea sick you can ask stewart for sea sick meds she will bring them to u

jamiegunter October 17th, 2004 03:21 PM

It depends on if you are picky about your shampoo and all. I take my own in
travel size bottles. I believe they had shampoo and body wash in the shower last time we sailed Carnival.