Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 17th, 2004, 11:16 PM
Diamond

Default W/C access and excursions on The Miracle Nov 7, 2004?

Hi,

I use a power chair to move. I am booked on the Nov 7, 2004 cruise out of Tampa. I do have a handicapped room on board but what restrictions will I have, and how do I find out about which shore excursions might work for me?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2004, 06:19 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: W/C access and excursions on The Miracle Nov 7, 2004?

Q. What do you recommend for physically challenged guests?

A. It depends on the type and degree of the disability. In general, if guests are able to walk on their own, we recommend those excursions that are designated as easy or moderate activity (see excursion activity level symbols). If guests are non-ambulatory, we generally recommend independent transportation for their comfort and convenience. Our shore excursion staff can provide them with excursion suggestions. We also recommend that non-ambulatory guests be accompanied by someone who is able to assist them throughout the duration of the excursion. Some ports of call require tenders to go ashore, and that may preclude non-ambulatory guests from leaving the vessel.
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Passenger

Default Re: W/C access and excursions on The Miracle Nov 7, 2004?

I was recently on the Glory and it seemed like there were very few "restrictions." There was one passenger in a power chair and he seemed to get around very well.
As for the shore excursions, try checking the Carnival website. They list the shore excursions and give descriptions.
I do have a question - I am planning a family and friends cruise for next year. My one uncle is in a wheelchair and wants to go. Do you know if the handicapped rooms are on each level? Are balcony ones available? What kind of accomodations are in the handicapped room? Any input you have is welcome. Thanks

Carnival Spirit '09, Liberty '07, Spirit '05, Valor '05, Glory '04, Pride '03, Destiny '02, Elation '01, Tropicale '91, RCCL Viking Serenade '93, Pacific Princess '78