Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 19th, 2004, 03:17 AM
Thoth

Default Can one book shore excursions online?

The last 2 years I have booked shore excursions online for HAL cruises. Next year I'll be going on the Destiny and would like to do the same. Does booking shore trips online work well from the Carnival website?
Sponsored Links
Old October 19th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Can one book shore excursions online?

We are on the destiny in 4/2005- I would like to book them advanced as well, hope we can!- Last time we were on destiny (back in'99) we did it right on the tv.

Old October 19th, 2004, 08:00 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

I've read that some day soon Carnival will have that option on their web-site, but so far, its not on there yet. I've pre-booked excursions on Princess and Royal Caribbean and I must say its a nice feature.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 19th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Admiral

My sources ar CCL say that this feature is just about ready to go into effect and you can expect it before the new year. (Actually I have been told it should go into effect at any time but with the problems that have happened in the past I'm hedging my bet <G>)
Jim

Old October 19th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Thoth

Thanks for the responses folks. "By the first of the year" sure works for me since my trip leaves 22 May 05. On HAL we could book the shore trips at about 60 days out and the tickets are placed in the stateroom awaiting me on the day of enbarkation. Another advantage is I needn't queue at the shore excursion desk, nor is my first choice sold out. Hopefully Carnival will develope the same system her sister line uses, since both are owned by the same company.
Old October 19th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: Can one book shore excursions online?

Hi Toth,
Yes, hopefully by the time you are in that 60 days they will have that software up and running, its sure a wonderful feature, especially if there is a tour you really want at a certain time.

Message Boards Moderator