Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2004, 07:16 PM
bjkeen

Default Packing List & To Do List

I hope this helps people who are new to cruising and preparing to cruise.
Here is a sample of my “To Do List:”

Do you have a dog you need to board? Remember to make an appointment to take the dog to the veterinarian for the Board A Tella before taking him/her to the kennel. If you have other pets make arrangements for their care.
If you are taking your dog to the kennel remember to take dog food to the kennel. Take proff of innoculations to the kennel.
************************************************** **************************************
Remember Passports or Raised Seal Birth Certificates, Drivers License and Cruise Documents.
Remember currency - such as; cash, travelers checks and Master Card or Visa.
Remember to pack two pairs of comfortable walking shoes and at least one pair of dress shoes (preferably comfortable) and socks.
Remember to stop the newspaper delivery.
Remember to purchase food for the house setter (optional) depending on your arrangement.
Remember to pack clothes. Remember underwear. Don't laugh I almost left without any once.
Remember to pack miscellaneous items and toiletry items such as; emery board, eye glass repair kit, small sewing kit, tooth paste, tooth brush, mouth wash, dental floss, personal items, make up (for the girls), stockings, under wear, socks, jewelry, snorkel gear (if you have any and wish to take it with you) etc.
Remember the garment bag with dress clothes. (suits for men and evening dresses for women)
Remember to have the mail held at the post office
Remember if you have a house sitter, to give the house sitter important numbers to call in case of an emergency.
Bring camera’s or camcorders.
Remember medications; pack prescription drugs (if you need them).
************************************************** *******************************************
I always print this list and mark stuff off as I have it packed in the van. Put luggage tags on luggage. Put paper with personal info. inside of luggage in case the tags are ripped off.
Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2004, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Packing List & To Do List

great list, i have a couple of things to add.
SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN, SUNSCREEN - and don't forget the lips, ears, exposed scalp, and tops & bottoms of feet.
Good pair of sunglasses - the kind that block the glare, and a pair of croakies so that you don't loose your glasses when you lean over the railing.
Baseball or sunhat for everyone
Small back pack to carry your beach stuff and souveniors
Disposable,waterproof camera
Old October 21st, 2004, 09:19 AM
Rickmurg

You may not need the toothpaste, floss and mouthwash because it's already in the bathroom...at least it was on the Spirit last Jan.

I also think about the things that I may buy on the ship or at port and don't pack those. I always buy a tee shirt or two,almost always a hat, bucket or baseball cap, usually a beach towel....whatever it is you buy, don't pack its counterpart. Don't forget batteries for portable CD player or whatever.

Finally, pack a great and thankful attitude because you are fortunate to going on an awesome vaction so it should be enjoyed...no bad tudes allowed!

You almost forgot underware? That's too funny.

Rick
Old October 21st, 2004, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the reminders(although my cruise is not until Jan/05).
LisaK:croakies= I did not know at first what you meant!!
Rickm:good 'tude!! Definitely!
bjkeen:I may start a thread around Jan.19/20, to ask you what Miami's weather seems to be like. I know you had lots of weather info posted previously. Thanks!

Old October 21st, 2004, 07:42 PM
bjkeen

Default Re: Re: Packing List & To Do List

Thanks for the additions to my list.

Brenda,
The weather anytime in Florida is wonderful except during hurricane season when we have the occasional hurricane from June - Nov. This last summer was very unusual.

Yes, after this last summer I may change my hurricane preparedness list. You will see it entitiled "ABC-123 for Surviving a Hurricane". Many people found generators to be very helpful. My family was only out of electricity for three days, so we counted ourselves lucky. People coming to Florida for their cruises needed to check with their cruise company to see if the cruises were still scheduled, some were and some were not.

I went to the beaches in Sarasota a couple of weeks ago and except for the smaller quantity of sand and an occasional beached sail boat everything looked basically the same. I could see how high the water had been when the hurricanes came visiting by the amount of sea grass that had washed up on the shore.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 08:57 PM
Admiral

Thanks bjkeen. We are looking forward to some sun&surf in Miami before our cruise!