Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 20th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Triumph Cabins

We are researching our first cruise, and are considering Carnival's 5 night cruise to Canada out of NYC on the Triumph. When looking at the cabin sizes, I've read that the balcony rooms are 180 sq.ft. and oceanview rooms 220 sq.ft. because the balcony doesn't take away from the room size. Is having a balcony that important or nice that it is worth it to sacrifice room size? Also, I read that the balcony rooms are noisier because the soundproofing isn't as good. Any truth to that? Any suggestions appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old October 20th, 2004, 08:14 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Carnival Triumph Cabins

I think the ocean view staterooms are the same size as the balcony staterooms. I would definately choose a balcony. I have never had a problem with noise.
Old October 21st, 2004, 07:00 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to shanenstac

I cruised on the Triumph in September '03. My husband & I stayed in an interior room on the Riviera deck (the bottom of the ship). I'm sure balconies are great, but I had no problems with my interior room. Although there wasn't even a window, my husband and I never felt "cooped up" or felt like we were being "smothered". I don't know how the noise levels are in the balcony cabins, but we never heard a thing from our neighbors. I guess it all depends on how much you plan on being in your cabin-for us, that was hardly ever. Just my opinion-hope this helps.
Thanks.

Old October 21st, 2004, 07:46 AM
Rickmurg

I ditto Butterfly. Once you do a balcony, you will never do anything else.

Rick
Old October 21st, 2004, 10:13 AM
Passenger

OMG!!!! I'm booked on this cruise! Roll call for the Truimph! My sister and I have an oceanview cabin that connects with another oceanview room that my parents are staying in. Now we kinda have two large rooms. It's great. I've heard that the rooms are huge compared to other cruise lines. I guess Carnival is notorious for larger space on deck and in the rooms. I think that we'll stay with the oceanview rooms because it's only 5 nights. A balcony is great for a longer sailing. That's what I've heard from other cruisers. Happy Cruising! ~Colleen
Old October 21st, 2004, 10:14 AM
First Mate

I say try the balcony. They are great.

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old October 21st, 2004, 10:38 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Paralegal

My boyfriend and I just sailed on the Triumph in September. We booked our first balcony cabin and absolutely loved it. We have had ocean view cabins in the past, and did not notice the cabin being any smaller. There was still plenty of room, for the two of us, and our luggage. It was nice to have a balcony because when I was getting ready, my boyfriend would go out on the balcony and enjoy the ocean air. It was extremely nice for me, because it kept him out of my way and happy. It was also nice to wake up and see the ocean first thing in the morning through the door and big window. If I happen to wake up before my boyfriend, then I would go and hang out on the balcony until he woke up. We did not notice any noise problems, uUnless you consider hearing the waves, and the sound of the ocean, noise. If you do go on the Triumph, you will be in for an awesome cruise. Have fun.
Old October 21st, 2004, 10:54 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Triumph Cabins

Thanks for all of your replies. We are trying to get ourselved organized as to who is going. We have two daughters who both want to bring their boyfriends. If that happens, it looks like we'll have to go with oceanview or inside cabins, for the size and the price.

Does anyone know how crowded it is to fit 3 or 4 in one cabin? I know that some of these type cabins can accomodate a 3rd or 4th person. Ideally we would like to get adjoining cabins so our living space will seem larger.
Old October 21st, 2004, 11:26 AM
Jackie Robinson

Default Re: Re: Carnival Triumph Cabins

My husband and I sailed on the Triumph in December 2003 We were originally slated for a room with a window and were upgraded to a room with a balcony. It was not small at all. It was wonderful to be able to go out on the balcony at night and have a nightcap. Both of us also enjoyed getting up in the middle of the night and just sitting outside and listening to the sound of the waves. You can use a bungee cord and loop it over the door handle and the balcony rail and be able to listen to the waves while you sleep.....it's heavenly. Once you have a balcony room you won't want to travel any other way.
Old October 21st, 2004, 12:11 PM
First Mate

I'd go with the joining rooms, cinderelli. Those are very nice to have. 3 people in a cabin is not so bad, 4 isn't really either, but say like your girls and their boyfriends share a cabin and then you and your husband in the other. Those 4 would be fine. Or the girls in one room and the guys in the other (if your girls are too young to be sharing a room with their boyfriends )

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old October 21st, 2004, 01:57 PM
dad son team

My understanding was that the oceanviw and the balcony cabins are the same size, but the inside cabins are smaller to accomodate the extra space for the balcony cabins.

BTW-I am with everyone that says once you have a balcony you will never want to go back to a cabin with out one. I got upgraded to a balcony on Disney 3 cruises ago and paid for the 2 balconies since.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 08:12 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Paralegal
Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Triumph Cabins

The only problem with joining rooms, from what I have read on this site, is that there has to be someone at least 21 years of age in each room. If neither of your daughters, or their boyfriends, are at least 1, then either you or your husband will have to stay in the room with them. If I am wrong about Carnival's requirements, somebody please correct me. I know they have Family cabins. I am not sure how many people the cabin will hold, but I imagine if it is a "family" cabin it should hold at least 4 people. Good luck.
Old October 22nd, 2004, 01:14 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Triumph Cabins

I found this on one site:

Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom. Proof of age and/or proof of marriage are required. Carnival shall not be liable to make any refunds or for any damages with respect to any Guest's failure to provide proper proof of age or marriage or otherwise comply with this provision.

Sounds like if you are 21 and older no problem, but if you are 19 then you must be in a stateroom with someone at least 25.
One daughter will be 21 and one 18 at the time of the cruise, and boyfriends the same age. This will be tricky to work on paper, and actuallity.